'86 Yamaha Enticer Fires then stalls... - Snowmobile World : Your #1 Snowmobile Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 02-07-2015, 03:36 PM Thread Starter

'86 Yamaha Enticer Fires then stalls...

My son has an '86 Yamaha Enticer that has just bit the dust (now that we have snow).

Has been a fabulous sled for two seasons and literally just died the other day and will no longer stay running. It will fire for a second or two, then cough, and die. Sometimes it lets out a little muffled backfire when it dies.

New plugs have been installed, gas is getting to the carb (plugs wet), have spark, compression is 120 mag and 100 PTO. I know that is bad because they're not balanced, but is it possible we've been just running this way for a few years now?

I have my doubts it's the carb because it's always run absolutely perfectly and the engine will still fire, but just not as consistently as it used to.

Your thoughts/help would be appreciated before I start digging in deeper.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-27-2015, 07:09 AM

I would pressure test the motor. That 100 lbs sounds like a problem too. Plug the inlet ( carb boot) exhaust port and pump about 8 pounds of air into the pulse line. If the pressure doesnt hold spray soapy water on the crank seals, head spark plug hole and where the crank case goes together.
If your not familiar with this test I can explain it better if you want. You can make the tester with a bicycle pump, small valve and a cheap pressure gauge.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowmobile World : Your #1 Snowmobile Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page