I Got A Pic Of The New Prox! - Page 2 - Snowmobile World : Your #1 Snowmobile Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 44 (permalink) Old 10-10-2002, 11:58 PM

More like the new Cat rearend...the snowflap area is not cluttered enough to be that of a REV.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 44 (permalink) Old 10-11-2002, 12:44 AM

Looks like the current polaris just with a tall seat and handlebars. I hope theres more that goes along with that.
post #13 of 44 (permalink) Old 10-11-2002, 01:23 AM

Exclamation

Yep, lots more to go along... like wider running boards

post #14 of 44 (permalink) Old 10-11-2002, 10:32 AM

Which sled was announced or produced first? The RX-1, REV, or Firecat?

Sorry if this is off topic of this discussion, I'm just seeing alot of people compare the sleds to this "new" Polaris model.

Thanks
post #15 of 44 (permalink) Old 10-11-2002, 12:23 PM

If you want to get technical the Polaris NXR was a before all of them!! The NXR was a concept sled that photos started to surface this spring about. It was done in '95 and a lot of people said that Polaris was trying to copy the Rev. Well according to the Doo sit ethe Rev started as a concept sled in '97 so Pol beat them to that one and I believe the RX-1 concept (style wise) was around '97 or '98. As far as the Firecat goes I only see a small resemblance; ie.. hood, track, skis, motor, and so on (I think you know what I mean). Otherwise there is not a resemblance at all to the Cat (Thank God!!).
Just because Doo brought the Rev out first doesn't mean they came up with the concept first. I think Polaris has something ready but were planning on keeping it for the 50th anniversary ('04 Models) and got caught with their pants down, figuratively speaking of course.

Here is a picture of the NXR if you are unfamiliar with it. I am not trying to start something but want to make sure the facts are out there before people start judging and saying someone is copying the design of someone else.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Polaris_NXR_1.jpg (42.4 KB, 22 views)
post #16 of 44 (permalink) Old 10-11-2002, 01:05 PM

Even I would like to see Polaris come out w/something new. It just keeps everything exciting and all brands forced to improve their products when everyone is bringing out new ideas. Come on Polaris, show us something really new.
post #17 of 44 (permalink) Old 10-11-2002, 10:37 PM

Here is a real picture!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg __03_Pro_X_440.jpg (59.2 KB, 14 views)
post #18 of 44 (permalink) Old 10-11-2002, 10:50 PM

Location: L7 C2 oakland twp 44 King St N RR 4 Scotland N0E 1R0, southwest of brantford, southern ontario
it's still an old sled. but i do believe like i said earlier that polaris has something in the kitchen because they stole a few good riders from other camps. so they must have shown these riders what they have hidden, think about it every racer no matter what the money wants to ride into the winners circle.

IF WE GIVE ALL THE PROFIT TO THE IMPORTS WHAT WILL BE LEFT?
post #19 of 44 (permalink) Old 10-12-2002, 01:16 AM

I have a sneaky feeling that there will be something for this race season but only for the Pro's. Kick but Mod Sled maybe???
post #20 of 44 (permalink) Old 10-12-2002, 10:13 AM

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally posted by paul yarek@Oct 11 2002, 11:50 PM
they must have shown these riders what they have hidden, think about it every racer no matter what the money wants to ride into the winners circle.
Looking back, 'doo you think Blair would have gone to Ski-doo if the Open class sled was just a ZX chassis w/ a big motor? IMO, no. The races knowing what AC & 'doo would be racing this winter, wouldn't want to race on "old" technology. But the Firecat & REV each have a race season under their belts. How much new unproven stuff is on the ProX?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowmobile World : Your #1 Snowmobile Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page