2nd Ride Of The Year - Snowmobile World : Your #1 Snowmobile Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-19-2003, 09:09 PM Thread Starter

Just got home from a good but cold weekend up in the moosehead area. we had a good trip 1 gut bought a rev and another was on his first trip on his both were very happy. on the way back to the camp we came upon a crash that had just happend(no injury`s)I did not see it happen but assume a couple small things caused the wreck.this was 7 miles out of kokadio and was at the bottom of a small low spot in the trail after a good long straight and sure enough some people were parked at the bottom off to the side(what little side there was)when the guy slowed and raised his hand his bud must have ben to close and did not stop in time sent both into the trees. some people will stop anywhere
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-19-2003, 09:23 PM

Got in a crash today some 12 year old kid wrecked his dads BRAND NEW mxz because he saw me coming..was going to fast locked up the breaks hit a tree and then threw his sled in the middle of the trail.. I hit the sled and went into a tree.... Maybe you can help me it did 400+ damage worth to my sled and wrecked his.. it was his fault what are the maine laws on this? The guy doesnt have insurance and neither do I
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-19-2003, 09:37 PM

When i was in Rangeley last weekend one guy had to be airlifted of the lake after he hit a pressure ridge up there. This was on my first ride of the season too. It sucks to hear things like that but at least with me it makes me think twice about every action i take when im on the trails.

It must have been some cold up there this weekend how was the riding, snow depth, trail conditions?

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-19-2003, 09:39 PM

I saw a passenger on a touring sled get ejected from a bump and go into the trees. He broke his leg.

Not good.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-19-2003, 10:04 PM Thread Starter

the riding on friday was great we left greenville and headed to millinocket for lunch at the whitehouse landing then looped over to kokadio. the trails were very good not a ton of snow but plenty very smooth but some icey corners. from kokadjo back the trail was thin but coverd.they have a great base one more storm and they are set.saturday we went up the other side of the lake to piston farm most of the ridding was good.over to raymonds the trail was a good test for the rev`s not my ck3 most of the way back to fred`s(kokadjo) was good.then wa took the back wood to greenville that was very good.not sure what to do on you`re crash did the ranger`s get informed maybe they can help. that`s what I said after seeing this crash thak good no one was coming the other way head on is not good. I also saw the ridge in rangley 2 week`s ago that`s why you check the trail 1st then crank back once you know the lake
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-19-2003, 11:52 PM

I hope you got the kids address, I beleive there is a age limit in Maine for riders. I think its 14, call the local sled Registra and find out and get a police report made out to cover your tail. If the kid was irresponsible, bet the Dad can be too. Like father like son...

Do the Doo, Think of your children, Ride Safe and Sober
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-20-2003, 06:21 AM

I was heading to the AC dealer in Lewiston,MI yesterday morning and came upon a crash. This boy, probably about 13-14 years T-boned a dodge pickup. The kid just decided he was going to cross to the other side of the road and didn't bother to look. His sled was mangled and the truck was crunched. To top it all off when we were coming up on the crash, the kids girlfriend pulls over and runs right out in front of us crossing the road to hug him.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-20-2003, 07:05 AM

aaaawwwwwwwwwwwww.........thats so sweet........

if ya cant tell that was sarcasm

Im not sure what it is about this season, but I have had more close calls and seen more stupidity on the trails this year than any other that I can remember.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowmobile World : Your #1 Snowmobile Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page