Funny names for the dnr - Page 2 - Snowmobile World : Your #1 Snowmobile Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-01-2002, 07:51 PM

Most DNR I have run into have been very pleasant.
As with any cop, if you mind your manners and act like a human being they will treat you the same.
Of course there are the few a$$holes out there that play barney bada$$.
One time while riding in northern lower michigan this LADY DNR was just that. The trail was just a few hundred feet from a gas station so most people just turned down the road to get there [which is legal in that county] only problem is, most people went down the wrong side of the road to get there, not that big a deal but still illegal. She was running around like a cat in a rat house. She was trying to stop people left and right, it was so funny I almost fell off my sled. Another funny thing about it was a county cop was there too just sitting in his car giggling and shaking his head at this wanna be!!!

I have been riding for thirty years and have payed a total of $75.00 in fines $50.00 of that was for 1hr. of pure intertainment having a DNR trying to catch me with his cruiser on a long lonely stretch of northern back road.
Now you ask, he must have got caught if he had a 50.00 fine?
No, my BUDDY got caught and he squealed! I recieved a ticket in the mail about a week later saying to pay the 50 or your court date is on such and such day. So I payed because it would have cost a lot more in time off as the police and DNR know and still do to this day! It was still a GRIN!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-01-2002, 10:53 PM

Tree Pigs, Pine Pigs *etc...
post #13 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-01-2002, 10:54 PM

Send a message via AIM to sleddinfool
I also have had no problem with th DNR. I pay for my trail permits and license and always have a nice conversation with them. I always treat them they way I would want to be trated by ANYONE and have no problems. Kevin

Ride safe, sober and on the right
09 crossfire "R" 1000
03 pantera 550
03 zr900 stock (yeah right)
00 zl600efi
many old sleds

post #14 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-01-2002, 11:43 PM

Location: L7 C2 oakland twp 44 King St N RR 4 Scotland N0E 1R0, southwest of brantford, southern ontario
obviously the DNR is the USA natural resource people and here in ontario we have the MLF short for ministry of lands and forests and of course we call them mr. logs and frogs.

IF WE GIVE ALL THE PROFIT TO THE IMPORTS WHAT WILL BE LEFT?
post #15 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-02-2002, 12:43 AM Thread Starter

Wow that got mor replys and funny names than I thought. I`am not saying I dislike the fun police just poking some fun at them.I have only had to pay 1 fine so far headding to the parking spot from a gas stop they were close but you were on the road to do it .MY falut but the guy was a wannabe imho.Up in maine were I ride they have all ben nice... thanks jeff in nh
post #16 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-03-2002, 06:10 PM

Now you did it *You reminded me of my sons cop story *he wanted to go for a 4 mile ride to pick up a girlfriend and give her aride on the sled the snow was to deep to ride off the snowcovered highway so he picks up the girl and down the state highway they go *he passes a off duty local town cop from a town 10 miles away from his juristiction. *the crazy cop being the dudly do rite that he his, *turns around and chases a snowmobile on a snow covered road in a two wheel drive car. *my son not even knowing a cop is chasing eventuly stopped and this cop slid into the curb trying to cut him *off. * now the cop can arrest him *so he calls the local cop in the town they were in to write the ticket. *his remark to my son was he was getting tired of not being able to catch the snowmobilers in his town. * I have to give that guy the jerk of the year award * * Now don't get me wrong *My son was not in the right for going down the highway. *and he was punished for it.

Make it snow everywhere but my driveway and sidewalks!! AWW!!! Heck Just make it snow!!!

2001 550 Panther sold
1992 Lynx sold
1988 Jag gave to my son
2002 enclosed 12' load-rite trailer sold
2002 Olds Bravada with straight six More HP than my v8 had
post #17 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-03-2002, 10:23 PM

Location: L7 C2 oakland twp 44 King St N RR 4 Scotland N0E 1R0, southwest of brantford, southern ontario
al,
*sounds like the cop was weaned off the brestaurant way too soon and even has an attitude off duty. i wouldn't want to be caught by him on duty, he makes all cops look bad.

post #18 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-05-2002, 01:41 AM

Smile

didnt manage to get his daily does of sugar from donuts, *was this dudley do right a rcmp?
post #19 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-05-2002, 06:08 PM

I myself have no probs with Conservation officers! Most are generally nice and have good communication skills and don't pull power trips! One season of ice fishing, before I owned a sled, we had an officer ask to see our licenses every weekend. Everytime he pulled up, he would talk all nice then when he was about to leave he would ask to see them! My guess was that he seen my license over 15 times that year! And the sad thing was, after 3 times we were on a first name basis with the guy! He was like a buddy!, Guess he needed someone to bug!
post #20 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-05-2002, 07:39 PM

once while hunting on the family farm the swamp i was hunting is atleast 1/2 a mile from any roads and i was camoflouged hidden in the marsh waitng for the birds to roost. i spotted the logs and frogs guy stop his car and walk to our marsh, i think he was surprised to find out i was there. he was looking for good hunting for himself i think and he made it official by asking me to unload the weapon, i am sure i could have sat right where i was without him noticing me. we said our small talk and he left.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowmobile World : Your #1 Snowmobile Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page