who will win 01 mxzx 800 vs 01 zr800 - Snowmobile World : Your #1 Snowmobile Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-30-2010, 06:20 PM Thread Starter

Question who will win 01 mxzx 800 vs 01 zr800

I have an 01 mxzx 800 with a ripsaw track and mbrp can. The zr is stock other than a can. Who will win in a race. I am thinking i will take him out of the hole but he will beat me on top end. Any input on these twos sleds? thanks in advance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-01-2010, 12:29 AM

Sounds about right.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-03-2010, 03:16 AM
Coming 2 a Trail near You

Send a message via AIM to PowderBoy
this question frequently arises here at SW, one of the most common responses is one im about to give you.

Depends on ALOT of factors, weight of the two riders, conditions of the racing surface, track tension, clutching and so on. Clutching is a very big factor in this equation,

one of my buddies had a ZL 600 he bought used that would smoke (im not making this up) most 700 and 800 sleds of any make or model. Once it got to 60mph you would have a hard time catching it unless yo had a true lake racer. Some investigative work and we found the clutch to be completely "almost blueprinted and adjusted by someone who obviously knew what weights/springs/engagement would get the most out of the motor without having to start modifying it.

So if you want to kick his but, then talk to some who knows clutching really well, they can make some great adjustments and your opponent would most likely not be able to tell by a quick look across the sled.

Just my 2 cents

2002 Pantera 800 (BIG BERTHA)
2002 ZR 600 (CJV)
2005 T660 ST
2002 Z71 Tahoe
1987 Silverado 3/4 Ton (Project Plow Truck)
1996 Pro-Line 201 Walk Around

CAN YOU EVER HAVE TOO MANY TOYS?

AC FORUM MODERATOR
----------------------------
CJV 02/24/83 - 04/15/08
God took away my riding buddy this year but hes not going to let god take away our snow, forever in our hearts.
Sterling Marlin &
David Reutimann
Fan

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-05-2010, 07:13 PM Thread Starter

I am thinking clutchin

I am leaning toward the clutchin I have always wanted to do this and powderboy convinced me. I found a brand new in the box goodwin clutch kit for my sled. I have heard they are good. Has anyone used goodwin clutch kits before? Any ifo appreciated thanks Rob
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-07-2010, 01:49 AM
Coming 2 a Trail near You

Send a message via AIM to PowderBoy
Goodwin has some good clutches but consult someone who knows how to tweak it right for your machine. There are alot of things you can do after trying it a few runs then let someone know what its doing. When you buy a new clutch itsd not always as simple as a bolt on process you may need to shim it to make sure you are getting the smoothest engagement, this will help the life of the clutch

2002 Pantera 800 (BIG BERTHA)
2002 ZR 600 (CJV)
2005 T660 ST
2002 Z71 Tahoe
1987 Silverado 3/4 Ton (Project Plow Truck)
1996 Pro-Line 201 Walk Around

CAN YOU EVER HAVE TOO MANY TOYS?

AC FORUM MODERATOR
CJV 02/24/83 - 04/15/08
God took away my riding buddy this year but hes not going to let god take away our snow, forever in our hearts.
Sterling Marlin &
David Reutimann
Fan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowmobile World : Your #1 Snowmobile Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page