East Coast Reproduction Seat Cover - Snowmobile World : Your #1 Snowmobile Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 12-12-2010, 07:03 AM Thread Starter

East Coast Reproduction Seat Cover

Did any one else send old seat covers in to Rob from "East Coast Reprductions" for a new cover? I sent one in almost 4 months ago. He keeps telling me It will ship in a week, but I never get it. When I ask about it again the next month I get the same story. He even sent me a pic of the cover and said he would ship it right out. The last time I wrote to inquire about the cover, he absolutely blew up at me and sent a real nasty e-mail. Let me know if this has happened to you.

Here was my e-mail back to Eastcoast Reproductions after Robs nasty gram to me which I can not print due to the language involved.
Rob: Business man to Business man, I don’t quite know what to say about your last E-mail. At your request, I took my time and money to box up and send you a seat “pattern” this wasn’t free for me! I knew it was rough, and I had not seen one like it in 40 years! I’m not a seat builder and could not tell you if it was painted vinyl or spun gold. If you didn’t want it you should have shipped it back and I would have gone a different route. Instead you lead me on for almost three and a half months!

Here’s a time line via our E-mail conversations: See how you would feel after this.

8/16 / John’s E-mail contact you per your ad; send pics of seat to you to look at.

8/16 / Rob’s Reply: will give you free seat cover for pattern, send pattern *(2 week turn around)

8/17 / Rob’s: Please ship ASAP

8/17 / John’s: All boxed up ready to ship

8/18 / Rob’s : agreed to a pleated seat top

8/ 23 / John’s Contact rob on no pick-up from post office

8/27 / Rob’s Got Pkg. Check it out 8/28

9/1 / Rob’s Question on Backrest

9/1 / Rob’s * We will have your cover out this week

9/9 John : Asked if cover shipped yet?

9/10 Rob: Pattern out of square, should ship *Tues, 9/14

9/10 Rob: Has me measure up snap holes

9/22 Rob: Some one else has sent in a “Perfect” cover. * will ship your cover tomorrow 22nd or the 23rd Sept.

10/4 John: E-mail to see if cover shipped

10/4 Rob: * send pics of my cover “Done”

10/23 Rob: bottom of cover messed up. Hired skilled help * another two weeks. Will send free coupon for second cover for the inconvenience.

11/16 John: Rob let me know what’s up (no return reply)

11/30 John: E-mail to Rob.

12/1 Robs: Nasty Gram Reply

12/1 John : And you’re mad at me. I count five separate times*, including a pic of the finished cover! that you told me it was being shipped! Not once did you say you couldn’t get a pattern off mine all you said was out of square! Then you tell me you got a “perfect cover”! and again tell me mine will ship. Then all of a sudden the perfect cover is no good also. I wasn’t looking for a welfare freebee, I believed we had a business deal that was good for both. Read this over and put yourself in my place, I build and sell sleds during my off time in the winter, I now have a sled I can't sell after buying all new panels and parts, because I have been waiting on a promised seat cover.
His responce to this was he would send me another pic to hold me over!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowmobile World : Your #1 Snowmobile Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page