Problems logging in? - Snowmobile World : Your #1 Snowmobile Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-26-2008, 04:51 PM Thread Starter
Administrator

Problems logging in?

If you, or someone you know, are having trouble logging in since the upgrade, please send us an email at [email protected] and we will help to get you up and running as soon as we can.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-26-2008, 11:16 PM
Administrator_X

post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-26-2008, 11:49 PM

Send a message via MSN to steve6
After logging in, I click on the HOME link and get this?
steve6, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
  1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-27-2008, 05:04 AM

I got that message also.....and I cannot edit or even get to my profile either....

raceguy, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
  1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-27-2008, 05:31 AM

Very Frustrated VS !

Ok... I can only explain this one more time on here.

This is Snow4 btw.

I am under Trevor's Screename because I gave up even trying to get on under mine or Rick's screename.

We got the error message about getting a new password for our Screenames. The problem is we can no longer access the email that a new password would be emailed too. it is an old email that we don't have anymore. I have tried to email VS to give them my screenname and new email but no one has replied and if that doesn't happen we are done here obviously.

I'm very frustrated to say the least !

Snow4
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-27-2008, 06:07 AM
journeyman sled/motorhead

Send a message via Yahoo to dooman
I am in the same boat as raceguy. I am here , hold on snow4 you will get on. ride out the software bugs if thats your only issue. its the commercials I don't like. seeing an ad every topic I read is B.S. sw is going to die with this crap.

"DREAM AS THOUGH YOU'LL LIVE FOREVER, LIVE AS THOUGH YOU'RE GOING TO DIE TOMMORROW" JAMES DEAN
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-27-2008, 06:19 AM Thread Starter
Administrator

The permissions issue is likely due to the database migration. Hang in there and we'll get it resolved this morning.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-27-2008, 07:55 AM
Administrator_X

If any of you guys have reformatted your hard drives and reloaded windows and all your programs and back-up data, then you have just a little idea of what a big job this migration really was. To get what they got done in just part of a day is quite a feat in my eyes.

Please try to be patient everyone. We are working on the most important issues first, like getting everyone logged in. Then we'll try to get all the features up and running. Once all that is done, we can start working on making it feel like home.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-27-2008, 08:36 AM Thread Starter
Administrator

Thanks idooski! It's not small feat that is for sure.

I want to post this here too in order to be sure as many people as possible know why we had to move as fast as we did:

In the past couple of weeks we have had numerous attacks on one of our servers hosting Snowmobileworld.com and JetSkiNews.com. These attacks were so severe that our ISP shut down our Internet connection for over 2 hours last Friday. Hackers had managed to exploit the software vulnerabilities to corrupt JetSkiNews data files.

We detected a similar activity on Snowmobileworld during the early stages. After more than four serious attacks in the past week alone we decided to take more immediate action to preserve JetSkiNews and SNW sites by migrating these two sites to a new secure software platform. We
could no longer rely on our backups since the malicious code may have been planted months ago. The last thing we want to see is loss of posts and photos. We plan to migrate Snowmobileworld.com to a new software platform that is more secure and up-to-date. We are doing this in a rush and plan to preserve as much as possible but at this point our focus is on securing the basic data. We will work on site features together to restore the site in the best way possible.

Change is never easy, but it is necessary in this case. Because of the severity of the issues, we plan to move quickly in migrating this site. The plan is to have the upgrade work done Tuesday. This means the site will be unavailable for 8-10 hours roughly.

The mods have had experience with the new software we are upgrading to (vBulletin), so they will be ready to answer questions and support you. You'll be happy to know that this change will result in having a dynamic front page back again featuring industry and community news. If you are interested in becoming involved in content generation or editing, please let Idooski know!

We will provide you all the support and information we can to make this transition as smooth as possible.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowmobile World : Your #1 Snowmobile Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page