Snowmobile World banner

Clutch problems 06 f6

3K views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  iplaywithcats 
#1 ·
So in the winter of 2014-2015 I had someone smoke the belt on my sled (locked ebrake getting over snowbank and cracked throttle twice) smoked it so bad you could feel the thump from the chunk of rubber missing. I put a new belt on it, had minor belt squeal that cleared up as the belt broke in (oem belt). But the clutch would stick if you let it sit for some time idling (warm up, stopping to check phone, taking a wiz, etc) after idling for more than 2 minutes it will not engage (rev over engagement rpm) and it would finally snap shut and take off, but then when you tried to stop it would stall, but if you rode it a half mile it would clear up and be fine. It would work like it should until you let it idle again, then the cycle starts over.
My step father pulled the primary clutch off and cleaned up everything and it was completely fine. I could let it warm up for 5-10 minutes and take off no problem. Last year we got no snow, today we got our first accumulation so i got the sled out and guess what the prick is doing? Same issue down to a T.
My question is, since the sled has 2800 ish miles on it, would it be worth just cleaning it again or should I attempt to replace/rebuild? I believe its diamond drive? Not sure exactly.
Im keeping everything factory. I've never played with sled clutches (aside from a clutch weight change on my old zr and wasnt a fan) and dont plan on starting now.
Everyone says the secondarys go quick on these, but ive never had much of a problem with the driveline other than the sticking problem. I can post any photos if necessary. Just ask.
Thanks everyone.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.