Trails In Il? - Page 2 - Snowmobile World : Your #1 Snowmobile Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-14-2006, 08:13 PM

Quote:
if you make it up here you can hook up with wisc trails and go up north and hook up with more.

only prob=no snow

jim[/b]
We do have some really cool trails here in Mc Henry county. They run from lake county , thru Mc Henry county , thru boone county , They all link up together. There are all kinds of lodging along the marked trails. The further west you travel the better the ride. I cant wait for more snow
Happy ridding Dave

Ride it like u stoled It.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-19-2007, 09:57 PM

Quote:
What kind of trail system do we have in IL up north? Are they pretty much closed loop 30 mile trails or can you do a couple of days riding on interlinked trail systems?[/b]
We do have some trails up north here but they are starting to be eaten up by developers.
we have around 8 bar bars along the way we go thru quite a few corn fields which are a little rough but you can open up on the wheat feelds for a pretty good run. Mc henry co does have a as many wooded areas to go thru as we do have open areas. The trails go i was told as far as southern crystal lake but i havent gone that far south yet. i live in wonder lake which is in mchenry co. and glacier park is by my house and thats a very fun place to ride. i figure around 30 mile's around my house. if you go out west is along route 173 the trails were very cool for quite a while. they do change the trails a bit every year. if we do get the snow were supppose to get sunday all the trails should be very good further than i have gotten last couple of years so it could be a very fun ride sunday or monday. We have quite a lot of places for loading and unloading free of charge. hope this does help you if not feel free to let me know if not and i can infrom anyone on other trail systems here up north but have yet to follow up north into wisconsin which im curious abou8t myself.

Ride it like u stoled It.
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-06-2010, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ride hard View Post
We do have some really cool trails here in Mc Henry county. They run from lake county , thru Mc Henry county , thru boone county , They all link up together. There are all kinds of lodging along the marked trails. The further west you travel the better the ride. I cant wait for more snow
Happy ridding Dave
Where do you hop on the trail the goes through McHenry County?

1989 Artic Cat Pantera 440
1986 Yamaha Phazer 480
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowmobile World : Your #1 Snowmobile Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page