Il Trails - Snowmobile World : Your #1 Snowmobile Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-23-2005, 05:15 PM Thread Starter

Just playing around on the DNR site and found this map. Would be worth it for us southern folk to make a 3 hr trip to ride for a day or two. Notice that section #4 has about 75 miles of trails. Anybody been on these routes?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-14-2006, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Just playing around on the DNR site and found this map. Would be worth it for us southern folk to make a 3 hr trip to ride for a day or two. Notice that section #4 has about 75 miles of trails. Anybody been on these routes?[/b]
I went on the DNR site and seen # 4 area , that's far south of me but if your looking to ride for hours and hours you should consider looking around Mc Henry , Rockford area for when we do get some snow we have more bars and sights to see and visit than most other places i have ridden before and just west of me the trails get groomed pritty well. Happy sleding Dave.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-14-2006, 10:43 PM

Quote:
I went on the DNR site and seen # 4 area , that's far south of me but if your looking to ride for hours and hours you should consider looking around Mc Henry , Rockford area for when we do get some snow we have more bars and sights to see and visit than most other places i have ridden before and just west of me the trails get groomed pritty well. Happy sleding Dave.[/b]

me and a buddy of mine would like to go to mchenry and ride but dont know the trails. do you know where to get a map or anything? maybe you could show us around if we ever get snow

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-15-2006, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Just playing around on the DNR site and found this map. Would be worth it for us southern folk to make a 3 hr trip to ride for a day or two. Notice that section #4 has about 75 miles of trails. Anybody been on these routes?[/b]
#13 on that map is Rock Cut State Park. It is NO LONGER a snowmobile riding area. They closed it down 3 years ago. People were parking in the park and accessing the local clubs trail system. The sledders were NOT returning from their rides before the park closed for the evening. Ranger locked a bunch of trucks and trailers in overnight, and someone drove their truck and trailer thru the locked gate. That ended that.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-06-2010, 08:57 PM

I live in Crystal Lake, IL (in McHenry County) and I would love to jump on trails like that, the map link isnt working, could you give me some advice on where to jump on these trails. Thanks

1989 Artic Cat Pantera 440
1986 Yamaha Phazer 480
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowmobile World : Your #1 Snowmobile Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page