Snowmobile World : Your #1 Snowmobile Forum

Snowmobile World : Your #1 Snowmobile Forum (https://www.snowmobileworld.com/forums/)
-   ARCTIC CAT (https://www.snowmobileworld.com/forums/57-arctic-cat/)
-   -   Sticking Brake: Common Problem? (https://www.snowmobileworld.com/forums/57-arctic-cat/85282-sticking-brake-common-problem.html)

162Whiskey 01-28-2014 10:35 PM

Sticking Brake: Common Problem?

Machine is a '11 T570. Occasionally, even if I haven't touched the brakes, they begin to drag, getting tighter and tighter until the engine really labors. Disc was starting to glow this evening when I stopped to look at it. I wonder if this is common, or if it's just a problem on this machine? (Not a lot of miles...4400 or so.)

j_lutter31 01-29-2014 12:43 PM

Take your park brake off! lol

TheBearAK 01-29-2014 08:10 PM

Chances are you have air in the lines. No, it is not normal.

Yes, usually air in the line makes them mushy, but they can also cause other odd things like this because along with air, comes moisture.

ArcitcCatZRTtriple 01-29-2017 08:38 PM

We had my zr 580 brakes stick my buddies polaris triple, and my buddies ski doo 670 mxz. Bleed out all of the fluid its probably old and gunked up and the pressure from the pad end isnt going back up into the float once u release the brake.

Best thing ive found was to pump some air through it after you have most the fluid out. Each time it was the same thing, gunk stopping fluid from returning which causes pads to stick. The 670 actually lit on fire a couple times till we made it home lol. brake rotor was red as a cherry.

blowing air through the line is the important part, you've gotta get that gunk out. after that new fluid bleed again and cap it off once u've go the air out should run like a new brake system after that.

ArcitcCatZRTtriple 01-29-2017 08:40 PM

EDIT ::forgot to mention this:::: You want to blow air into the part that returns fluid to the float by the brake on the handlebars by the way. If the pads are closing up its getting the fluid. Just not returning back to the float so it keeps that pressure on the pads. There should be two ports obviously, in and out.

LouisRight 11-27-2017 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheBearAK (Post 605538)
Chances are you have air in the lines. No, it is not normal.

Yes, usually air in the line makes them mushy, but they can also cause other odd things like this because along with air, comes moisture.

agree, It is not normal.. hope you have this solved.

KarlRestore 11-30-2017 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 162Whiskey (Post 605410)
Machine is a '11 T570. Occasionally, even if I haven't touched the brakes, they begin to drag, getting tighter and tighter until the engine really labors. Disc was starting to glow this evening when I stopped to look at it. I wonder if this is common, or if it's just a problem on this machine? (Not a lot of miles...4400 or so.)

this is not common and not normal at all.