Snowmobile World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a '00 500 xc sp 45th anniversary edition. This is my first snowmobile, so I am learning. It only has 350 miles. I am wondering, what maintenance should be done prior to riding this season? I don't want to do anything that is not necessary with such low miles. Also, what do you use to polish the sled?Any recommendations would be appreciated.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Did you get the owners manual? It will tell you everything that should be done for the season. Car wax will work fine for the polishing.

·
0 Posts
for $95 i take mine to a dealer every fall.......they clean and sync the carbs, remove both clutches clean and align them, align the skiis, check compression,inspect suspention and track, change the chain case oil, check the cooling system for crack or leaks, and a few other things..........small price to pay in my opinion. i use turtle wax for mine.

Canadian dollars

·
Registered
384 Posts
these are awsome sleds conrats on your purchase,i have never had any probs.with mine

·
Registered
179 Posts
:devil: were do you get you'r work done at i'll be taken my sled there dame what a price you'd be stupid to do all that work you'r self for that price dam

1 - 5 of 5 Posts