Snowmobile World banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering how the 2002 sno-pro is holding up compared to the 01? What problems should I be looking for? I want to buy at the of the season! How much should I expect to pay for one? Also if we get picked to buy and 03 how much do you think they will be on thew racer program?  

·
Registered
84 Posts
I picked a new one up from a racer that decided not to use it.I have only ridden it on trails for about 300 miles.Everything has been working fine except the speedo which is inop.

Power is great out of the hole & pulls nicely.This is still on the 100:1 break in mix.As far as handling goes its a little stiff up front but that might be because I only weigh 145lbs.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Why did the guy decide to not use it?  Have you been to the topic about If Hibbert wasn't riding for AC?  Ttyl

·
Registered
84 Posts
He decided not to use it because his brother was involved in a very bad accident at Eagle River.The sled was still in the box when I called him about it.

About the Hibbert post goes, it is a well known fact that the 02 chassis is having its problems.Some riders (not Hibbert) dont like the new 128/13.5 track & say the sled wont turn on tight courses.Also some durability issues with cracked motor mount supports but other than that it seems to be doing ok.The guys that are complaining about reliability problems are usually the guys that case every jump or dont know how to set up a suspension correct.

The REV is a awsome machine period.The suspension & the way it handles from what I heard is like no other.But it is still fugly & yellow.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
MXZ7~ LOL!  

So those Sno Pro's are good trail sleds??

·
Registered
84 Posts
I will have to admit MXZ7 its a lot of green but maybe thats your envy (joke).

As far as a trail sled goes yes & no.Its works great for hammering around corners & taking on the rollers at a fast pase.But it rides a little stiff up front but this may be due more to my weight than the sled itself.Lets just say it keeps up with my friends triples without a problem on the trails we ride.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Thanks!  

02SnoPro and MXZ7~  Did you get lucky in Wisconsin and get that big winter storm??  We got like 5 and it's coming again today!  Wish you luck.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Yes, we got about 10 inches were I live & rode for four straight days.But its all gone after last nights thunderstorm & todays high of 50F.Going up north tonight for some more riding.

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
Midnight,we got 9 inches last weekend,I was up north at the time.Came home Sunday and lol,Most snow I,ve seen here in a long long time.Its all gone now,thunderstorms and 2" of rain and 55 degrees took care of the snow
Northern Wis. is getting wacked again.I'd like to go up one more time,maybe next weekend?

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Geez...yeah.  I was wondering if you got this last storm.  We got about 8 in. yesterday and now are supposed to be getting another 10 tonight!  Temps are in the high teens.  LOOKING GOOD!

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Oh..I had a good time.  Went out saturday put on about 100 miles.  Snow is DEEP!  4-5 feet in ditches.  I got stuck lots.  Temps still looking good until Wednesday.  Supposed to be 30's. Then it is supposed to go back down.  Hopefully we make it through without much damage to the snow.

MXZ7~~ You should come over and DOO some riding with me!

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
MXZ7~ Is there ANY snow in Wisconsin?  I am up for meeting.  Well not next weekend due to a radar run I am going to.  But we should some time before the snow all goes to #%**

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
midnight,warm temps will prevail in Wis. all week.Trails will be on the downside in northern Wis.Fat chance that the weekend after this will good up there.The last chance for me will probably be the U.P.the weekend after this one.We could hook up then if the trails survive.

·
Registered
93 Posts
02SnoPro

From your picture, it looks like you need to unwind those front springs to soften up the front. I had to do that with my 00 Sno Pro. Made a big difference.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts