Snowmobile World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Brand new sled..Piston update done already..Removing the 1.25 and studding a 1" x 136". Whats good gearing, jetting and who has best clutching? Dyno Port Im asssuming. Not interested in beating ZR 900's, just would like similar performance to my ZR 8.. Sled will be trail rode and some lakes in Michigan..Also its my first Doo, so Im not that familiar with the TRA clutching and DPM..Thanks

·
Registered
17 Posts
Well unchained like I told ya before, If you would'nt have jump brands these problems to make your seld go fast would'nt be a problem. If you want to go fast you can ride my 500.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
big john on the western snow site has posted a few setups for the renegade,or you could try a goodwin,i hear its also a decent clutch kit

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
Unchained welcome to the site and congrats on the new ride. First question have you ridden it yet and i mean more than a lawn rip. If not i would wait and ride it first. That way you have a baseline to start with and then go from there one mod at a time. I have seen to many people throw a box full of mods on there sled at once and then cant figure out where they are having a problem and dont even know how much each piece helped or hindered them. The 1.25" is a great track and has amazing hook up. To get some more top speed just add a taller top gear 1 or 2 teeth. Just some food for thought

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Stay away from the Dport clutching. it is pretty much a stock setup with some heavier weight and a stiffer pri spring.

Cudney offers some good clutching for the newerd Doos, as does goodwin.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts