Snowmobile World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a problem with 01 edge belly pans. They are cracking on top of the shock tower where the recess is for the rivet. Look where your clutch cover and exhast attach to bulkhead. Polaris engineers won't even acknowledge that it is happening. If you've ridden in deep snow you should check it. Of the 6 people whom I worked with that had 01 xc's 5 had cracks. I have seen brand new, .3 miles on them have cracks. Polaris's fix is to drill a hole at end of the crack, fill crack with silicon, and cover crack with alum tape. I hoping that if enough people raise a stink that they will recall it. All I have to say is I have ridden Polaris from 7 years old and am now 24. I will never buy another. Please respond by email if you or someone you know has had similar problems.
:cussing:
[email protected]

·
Registered
111 Posts
Thats what I'm talkin bout ;) I'm not bashin Polaris,I ride em,for now... :sly:

·
Registered
791 Posts
I have never seen this happen before? Can you post some pics.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 01 600 that had a cracked belly pan. Cracked in the same place as you describe. The dealer replaced it under warranty at the end of last year (01). I only rode 450 miles this past winter so it might not be a true test but the replacement one didn't crack. The dealer left out 1 rivet on the top of each tower and it hasn't bothered since. Don't know if this is the best fix or not but it worked for me!

I don't believe that polaris or my dealer said they had ever seen one crack either, I switched from Cat in 87', and it will take a much worse problem than that to get me to switch back!! Polaris is still the most durable sled made!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts