Snowmobile World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought an 01 mountain cat 600 efi. it is completely stock. Does anyone have some ideas, or things that they have done , such as clutching or gears to increase performance and to make it a better mountain sled?

·
Registered
7 Posts
01 Mountain Cat

Your best bet would be to consult a high performace shop that specializes in Arctic Cat products. Clutching and gearing is a very technical aspect of snowmobile tuning and you want to get the proper information and recomondations from a credible source. I have a 01 Mountain Cat Myself and am very pleased with it performance. One modification that I highly recommend is putting the 2002 to present Mountain handle bars on. You can buy the handle bars through Cat and also an adaption kit. THe New style of handle bars are so much better; it is unbelievable.

·
Registered
199 Posts
My trail sled is an 01 Mountian Cat 800 le.. It is one of the best sleds that I have ever owned.. It's more fun than a barrel full of monkeys..

As far as Clutching and gearing,, you didn't tell us where you ride, what elevation, how you ride it.. Those are all key factors in what the proper set-up should be..

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I ride in the western states, most of my riding is in the high mountains of Idaho 6000 ft. elevation and up. I like to ride in deep snow, and we do a lot of boondocking through the hills and trees, canyons, etc. So i am looking for a clutch set up that will give me a lot more lower speed torque and smooth shifting.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
some of the best snow in Idaho is in the Fairfield area. I also like the Grace area. Another place that does not see a lot of people is the Inkom area outside of Pocatello. But I would have to say my favorite is Fairfield.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts