Snowmobile World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found out that the 01 MXZ 800's might have the rubber peeling off the cages. I pulled my cages out and found that the rubber was indeed bubbled up. I took the sled back to the dealer to have the cages replaced under warranty. After I got the sled back, I decided to pull the cages out and take a look at them. (Curiosity got the best of me.) I was very surprised when I pulled out the cages. I could tell that the cages had been replaced but I found the rubber was already coming off these "new" cages. It wouldn't take much imagination to see that gas could work its way underneath the rubber and cause it to bubble up again.

What was really surprising was that there is a yellow ink stamp number on the cages. This stamp is over the missing rubber. In other words, the cages were shipped from the factory in poor shape. It almost looked like they had been stuck in a sled already and then taken back out. I haven't resolved this with the dealer yet but I was wondering if anyone else had looked at their replacement reed cages.

·
Registered
310 Posts
TAKE YOUR SLED BACK TO THE SHOP AND TELL THEM ABOUT THE 2001 MXZ "BULLETIN"  some 2001 MXZ's (any cc) has cylinder problems, jetting problems, and carb problems.  and ive heard of a few more.  my warning lights dont work, along w/ someone elses.

·
Registered
739 Posts
I had to replace mine this year. Second to last ride, I couldn't get the thing to run properly. Changed plugs seveal times. Checked everything over real good (that kind of piddilly stuff really bugs me) Remembered somebody had mentioned problems with the reed cages. Sure enough that was the problem. I noticed too that the new one's I got under warranty didn't look all that much better but it seems to have worked. If it happens again I will probably look into aftermarket ones.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts