Snowmobile World banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to trace electrical problem on my sled. Right now none of the warning lights work and the high /low beam light does not either. The brake light at the fixture does not work. All three wires at fixture are hot all the time.The running light at fixture works fine.Are any of the three wires a ground wire at taillight fixture or does the fixture ground to the frame? Electric start was added by previous owner at his Doo dealership. Should the key shut off engine or just the kill switch? On mine, the key will not shut off the engine. Has anyone else had electric start installed after the fact and does the key not shut off the engine? What is the going rate for mechanics to test sled electrical probs? Every thing else electric -wise works fine on sled.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Tell us, did the problem happen all of a sudden, or did you buy it like this. what was done to sled right before it happened. Have you checked the brake light wires at the brake light switch for power in and out? Sounds to me like you have no power to the switch, or power to the warning lights, do yourself a favor and go but the factory wiring diagram so you can chase the circut down. Find out where power for these comes from and check there. If you have a diagram, e-mail it or post it, and I will try to diagnose it for you. List everyting that works, and does not work item by item, that will help.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts