Snowmobile World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone race a 01 and 02 mxz 800 side by side? Want to know the real world results?

·
Registered
556 Posts
my 01 800 is not stock so i cant say as far as stock to stock but from what the guys are saying down by the local drags is that the 01 is the faster one not by much though.

·
Registered
230 Posts
It all depends on tunning...last year the 800's were turds..the stock 7's were beating them,this year a few improvments ,and they seem to be a bit better...stock for stock..the 02 is faster..but whoever has the better running sled is going to be faster.

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
The RER 2ndary also makes a difference. It can run a higher gear ratio.

·
Registered
230 Posts
The 2degree timing retard comes on all new sleds that are equipped with mpem, they have since 99.the mpem advances the timing after @10 hrs of running time.What do your 800's top out at?? MPH just curious....

·
Registered
556 Posts
i am aware of the break in period. a ski-doo rep informed me that the 02 has has an additional 2 deg retarded to make up for some of the pre det. problems that occured on a select few of the 01s.

·
Registered
272 Posts
If you had the piston updates done on your 01, your midrange timing has been retarded as well.

·
Registered
25 Posts
DooinVT, my 02mxz800 rer on the speedo is just over 110mph.  it pulls hard to almost 100 then creeps up to a little over 110mph

1 - 10 of 10 Posts