Snowmobile World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have googled and searched archive here and found no answer.
Can the seat from another machine be retrofitted to a 2001 Indy xc sp 700 to make it a two-person machine? I can't get the machine unless my wife can ride with me occasionally. FYI, she would only ride easy trails with me, so if it would affect balance and performance thats not a big issue. It would only see WOT when I'm alone.
thanks in advance for any direction!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm going to go out on a limb here...Basically, you can do whatever you want (and can afford) to your machine, within reason. On my Polaris (77 TX) the seat is held on by two bolts that come up through the tunnel at the rear, and a clamping plate that holds the front edge down. I'm going to have to replace the rotten board that makes up the base of the seat, so I suppose that I could do so with a board that is a few inches longer, and then build up the padding so that a new (longer) seat cover could be installed. Basically, I would be custom building a new seat, I don't plan to do this, but it's possible. You would want to use thick enough wood, to support the weight of another adult, and probably cover the underside of the wood with some sort of protection, but it seems perfectly reasonable, otherwise. As an alternative, if you have a sled salvage place nearby, you could see what they have available. Just a thought.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Maybe a Seat Jack would help?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts