Snowmobile World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a stock 01 zr 800 and my brother has a stock 02 zr 800 cc.Mine has a 1 inch track with 192 studs and he's got the 1.25 with 144 studs.I can get him out of the hole but then he passes me about 60 feet out,are his weights and secondary spring enough to be getting me on top or are there more differances between the two sleds.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
The two 800's are completely different. Besides clutching set up the 02 has a new bottom end and I think it has a different stroke(not completely sure on that one) If you look at the dyno reports in am smowmobiler it shows that they have different power and torque curves. To start with you have to get more wieght in the primary and try the orange/ yellow primary spring. leave you secondary spring alone cause its a good one(softer and will shift faster).

·
Registered
39 Posts
I agree. leave the yellow spring  in,throw in some 72 gram weights and a shallower finish helix (I'll leave the angles up to you,can't tell you everything wouldn't be fair) good luck and if you get it right there won't be hardly any 800 that can touch you!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the heads up.I'll give it a try and let you know how i made out.Thanks again.

·
Registered
442 Posts
there aren't any difference between the 01 and 02 800 twin engines.  One minor difference is that the 02's have stronger pistons than the 01's otherwise the the engines are identical still a 76mm stroke and still the same bore of course.  there are probably minor differences in clutching and jetting but i wouldn't even know about that for sure

·
Registered
394 Posts
change your helix to a 62/52 and change the rest of the to the 02 setup.  This will make it faster in a straight line. They deffinately changed the clutching from 01 to 02

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the info.Going upnorth tomorrow so i'll give it a try.Hopefully i can keep it in front of the friends 02 x 800.
Thanks again.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts