Snowmobile World banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone try aftermarket reeds on the ZR 800 and did they help and are they reliable ? If reeds were used, were clutching changes done, and what was changed ? Do gearing setups up or down, help this sled ? What suspension setups help to launch better, for snow drags ?
I run a '97 Mach 1, but want to help my cousin be quicker for next season, as I out-accelerate him on a roll-on and really pull away from a dead start. I believe his sled should beat mine. By the way, his is a '01 ZR 800, completely stock, only has 400 miles on it (just bought it in March), and tachs out at 7600-7700 on his tach.
Any info. will help this Cat run down my Mach, if it's possible?

·
Registered
125 Posts
I have a setup on my 2001 zr800 that will run down a stock Mach Z pretty easily; but I have a speedwerx pipe on mine.  I have to run mine at 7700 RPM's where a motor without the pipe should be running 7300 to 7500 RPM so the setups are probably different.  Don't know if mine is just a good runner, but I was very impressed all winter!
For starters...gear up to 25/38 (assuming hes close to or under 200lbs).  I could tell you what clutching I have on mine, but it will be a little different than for a stock pipe.  If interested email me: [email protected]

1 - 2 of 2 Posts