Snowmobile World banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey
well guys  heres the story,... these 2  boys in my class both have cats  and i want a  polaris or a ski-doo.!..  both of those guys are dissing them so i want to   show them that they aren't bad at all

well i was   wonderin if u guys could tell me so info. on the 02 pro-x edge 600     ok
like how they handle and like how they  ride ,speed,  performance  ok  
 thanks a mill.
 ;)  :)

·
Registered
300 Posts
My buddy has one.  He was turning around when he it a rock, not very hard BTW.  As he was riding he felt something strange, the trailing arm mount in the toe-hold SNAPPED!  Can you imagine if he was flying down the trail or racing.  The ski and arm would have folded under the sled and he would have toast.  He is a member here but doesn't post much, i'll tell him to find this thread and you can here it from the owners mouth.  I couldn't believe it.  If there's one there's probably more out there, defects that is.  eric

*EDIT*  It wasn't the toe-hold.  The part that broke off was the end of the arm where the bushing is.  They only welded the top half and never touched the bottom.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
My buddy just bought one last week while we were riding in the U.P.  He was still riding his 93 INDY 500 EFI, but he couldn't keep up with me (ZR800) because the trails were so rough.  He was hesitant about the tall suspension (higher center of gravity) but I convinced him he would learn to love it.  He bought it and loves it...started riding at 3:30 Sun and put over 160 miles by 10:30 on the rough UP trails.  I even like the sled, and I've been a CAT man for 20 years.  If I would switch brands, it would be to Polaris.

Oh yeah, the prem/reg switch on ignition really makes a difference.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I own the Pro X, EGXCR is talking about.  I have only 18 miles on it because of the lack of snow and that poor quality control issue.  The few miles I could hook up, I thought it handled pretty well along with shot out of the hole.  I will get back to you hopefully soon if we get some SNOW? If you want one? I know where there is a brand new one.
Jay

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
i have an o1 prox600 and I love it except the shocks were vaved way to stiff,but Polaris fixed this the 02 should be better as the chassis is lighter and the shocks are a little dif.other than that the motoris the same also they changed the chain case so you can have more gear ratio options over the 01  soften it up so it will squat in the rear and front and you will have more top speed also woth the dual link setup on the skid(front and back,there are four of them) the track can be run really loose and won't ratchet.Too bad they didn't leave the tank clear with a cover then you cpold take the cpver off and be a racer wanabe like me.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well i have to say that snorat   u have a  very  nice lookin sled!!!!
yea 02proX600 i am  intrested.  yah   so  were  would this sled be located at ????  and   do u have any pictures of your sled and the one that is  for sale ?? i would love to c  them
thanks
 ;)
 :)

·
Registered
300 Posts
The sled is a new 02 pro-x and it's located in pittsfield, MA.  It looks like the picture w/ silver trailing arms and the graphics are white/blue.  eric

·
Registered
9 Posts
I owned one, but now it is gone.  The company I work for still has one brand ne one for sale!  Call me at 413-443-0638 ext. 19 9-6 M-F or 9-4 Sat. and ask for Jay

·
Registered
110 Posts
I owned a 2001 prox 600 and a 2002 prox 600 and like them both, the motors are strong for a 600 class engine! but we also have a 01 sno-pro 440 and a 02 prox440 and the 440's will run with this 600 and they can beat my prox 600 off the line! The best part of the prox 600 is the ryde fx shocks! they work excellant with this suspension! I am dissapointed in Polaris not having anything new for 03 yet!

·
Registered
103 Posts
I bought a 02prox440fan and I put a 170miles on it this weekend. Dam does that thing move for a fan
. I was walking pass 500 liquids and riding even with the 600s
. I couldn't beleve the power it put out for a 440 fan! I use to ride a 97 a/c ZRT 600 and I thought that thing was fast sure it had top end but I think the pro-x would walk a way from the ZRT off the line. I rode both and I can only think off how fast the 600 is
I would go with a pro-x 600 the cats are nice but do they come full race suspention hung under them, I dont think so!!!! The pro-x can take what ever you throw at it and then some!!

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Hey 02prox 600 what do they want for it and were are you located The only thing that I wish is that it had close to the same grafix as the 01 because I do not like the red white and blue.Also I think that Polaris already modified the primary clutch to allow you to run heelclickers in it Do you know if this is true.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts