Snowmobile World banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wondering if any one elses ZR decals are lifted up in the creases on your hood? example on the decal that has 900 on it, is there space between the hood a decal in the crease? i have tried numerous times to smooth it down and make it stick but it was laid down without letting it follow the lines of the hood. i believe it needs some heat (obviously not too much!) i have plenty of experience working with these decals. i just want to know if others have found this on their sled.

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
YES!! My '03 is doing that and it is starting to peeve me! I have tried everything AND heated it with a hair dryer but the next day when I check it, it has lifted again. :cussing: I am tempeted to squirt some friggen super glue under it or something!haha

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i myself was thinking about using a razor and splitting it up the middle it should line up with itself...whatcha' think?

oh yea! also thought about removing them completely, but then again it would look a little naked :(

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
I thought about putting a small slit in the middle also, but with mine it is such a big gap that if I were to do that, it would have about a 1/4" to 1/2" space where it was cut. It would stay down that way, but look retarded up close, on mine anyway. I have some Krazy glue that I will probably just put a couple drops in the opening and smooth it out. That stuff works great and is like water, so it doesn't bubble up or leave clumps when it dries.
Oh, I also had a few places with small bubbles that I did manage to massage out with a small pin and heat. It's just the outside that is being a real pain in the ars, both sides too!!grrrr I would rather be :cussing: about a lifting decal though that a broken sled, so I hope this is all I have to :cussing: about this winter!LOL :p

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
good point! what mods are you gonna start with? (besides airbox)

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
I have a set of VF3 reeds I'm going to put in after I break it in, and will go with either a D&D or Speedwerx clutch kit. I might also change the gears once I've rode it a bit and have a feel for it.
Later I plan to get a big bore that I can use the stock heads with. I want to do as much as I can while keeping it stock looking. ;) For now though just reeds, gutted box, and clutching...

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by phazerhater@Nov 7 2002, 08:38 AM
I have a set of VF3 reeds I'm going to put in after I break it in, and will go with either a D&D or Speedwerx clutch kit. I might also change the gears once I've rode it a bit and have a feel for it.
Later I plan to get a big bore that I can use the stock heads with. I want to do as much as I can while keeping it stock looking. ;) For now though just reeds, gutted box, and clutching...
i'm considering the stealth look as well...heel clicker kit, Vforce 3, (192 gold diggers) down the road...maybe a single with a can. have you gotten a chance to ride it yet?

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
I rode about 10' loading and unloading it off the trailer.haha We usualy have enought snow to get a little riding in by Thanksgiving, so I'm hoping the wait is almost over. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
another question, with the sled running on a stand does you track sound like it's too tight? at first i thought that it was too tight so i adjusted it. (i know it will stretch after a few hundred miles) anyway even after getting it set it still doesn't sound right. maybe it's just me, i don't think i've been as "aware" with my other sleds. i would give 'em a blast across the yard as soon as i got them home, not this time though...i'm gonna wait for white...

A

·
0 Posts
My 98 ZR did lift, I just heated them up and stuck them back down. As long as you heat them so they stretch you don't have cut them. I also told my dealer they were coming off and I wanted to put them on, so they gave me the decals and billed AC, so I ended up with an extra set that I ended up needing when my boss borrowed the sled and cracked up the hood.

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
Ya mine sounds God aweful on the stand too and I was nervous when I first heard it. I looked all over for something to be rubbing or grinding(thats what it sounded like)and found nothing out of place or rubbing. I'm just thinking it needs to get some snow in there and the track needs stretched. If it still sounds like that after the first tank of gas on good snow, then I'll get concerned.

A

·
0 Posts
If your track is too tight new then loosten it a bit but not too much, within that first tank it will stretch big time.

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
My track is a little tight, but real close to the two finger spec. ;) The sound "should" go away after everything gets loosened up and finds its place.

A

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by phazerhater@Nov 7 2002, 11:10 AM
My track is a little tight, but real close to the two finger spec. ;) The sound "should" go away after everything gets loosened up and finds its place.
You're gonna wear big time on your sliders up front.

A

·
0 Posts
Enjoy that new sled, I'll be thinkin' of all you guys when the snow hits while I hold my head in my hands.

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
Did the doc have anything to say about your arm after they took the cast off and it still wasn't better? Any est. on how long you'll be out for? ???

1 - 17 of 17 Posts