Snowmobile World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what should I be running on the tach at WOT for rpm. I see nothing in my manual regarding this? Im asking because I may be looking into a clutch kit and gearing,any suggestions on this?

·
Registered
90 Posts
hey toydoc, what is that picture of under your name? 7800 is the correct rpm, the little 600 will pull very hard at this rpm. with the proper clutch set up and gear ratio, i was able to make it into the semi finals in 800imp stock in the grass drags this fall in ALBERTA.

·
Registered
731 Posts
numberone, your sleds runs very well then. How about posting some good clutch setup's :)

"what is that picture of under your name?"

1973 Yamaha SR 643, all stock.

Click on my vintage sleds below to see more ;)

·
Registered
791 Posts
8250 RPM+- 200 RPM according to the 2001 service manual. The big block motors peak RPM is at the 7800 mark. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
90 Posts
toydock, i would'nt mind giving out info on my clutch set up for the xc600 but if i did that my competition that live here would have an advantage. but i will say this, use the heavy hitter clutch weights, the adjustable weights are by far the best i have ever tested. gear down to a maximum top speed of about 80mph, your sled should be able to pull this in 500ft,i use 19/40 in my sled. good luck :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts