Snowmobile World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's a weird one..I bought an oem puller for my 02 700 per the spec numbers from the 2002 manual. The dirty SOB won't thread in there. Threads on the inside of the clutch are clean, no marrs or burrs and like I said the puller is the same # as the manual says I need. Any one know of a number recall from Polaris? Also wondering if anyone has run V-force #2, Hot-Seat clutch kit and 480 Main jet combo's ? Looking for dial in set up tips. Freesoil, MI area-Manistee,MI area. Thanks, 2blu7

·
Registered
282 Posts
You will have to try one for a different year for the twins. I have a 98 and a buddy of mine has a 2000 xc 500. We ordered the one the book told us to and it didn't fit. For the heck of it, we tried mine. Guess what? It worked. Talked to a couple dealers about this and they were not surprised. Good Luck!

·
Registered
79 Posts
had a proplem like that with my 800.ordered one from hot seat when i orderd the clutch kit and it didn't work.i went to a small shop that sells parts and repairs sleds and knew about the problem.he had one there and let me borrow it for the weekend.i guess i would talk to the dearer and find out if he knows.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Order the puller for a 02 or 01 800 and it will solve your problem.  Polaris probably misprinted the 01 specs for the 700.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts