Snowmobile World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am sure many of you diehard Polaris riders have seen the Hardcore Sledder website HardcoreSledder
If not give it a look, pretty good info, awesome photos.
The guy puts on tons of miles and seems to really know his stuff.  
I wanted a second opinion about adjusting TPS setting along with rejetting as outlined on his site.  I would hate to melt down a new sled  
Anybody done this, what kind of results?? good bad or ugly???

·
Registered
216 Posts
I think the adjustment to the tps is a good idea. I beleive that this adj. was supposed to keep a meltdown from occuring because they were'nt being set properly from the factory. As far as jetting goes can't make any suggestions there. I own two  non variable exhaust 700's. 2000 700xcsp and a 2001 700 classic(wife's sled). I like them alot. Simplicity has it's advantages. v-force reeds are kickass.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I dropped my TPS to 3.9 along with 480 mains with no problems at all and toward the end of the season I dropped the needle a .020 as stated with no problems but only got a few miles on it with the dropped needle as spring arrived quickly so I am looking forward getting some snow to really try it out, I still may drop to 470's but don't think I will see that much more of a difference. So far this has been an awesome sled.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
LKN4SNO Did you use the OEM TPS hookup or make your own??  It looks like the one described on his website is pretty easy to make, just wondered how you did it and do you think it would in any way void engine warranty???Thanks..

·
Registered
34 Posts
I did the TPS adjustment on my 02 XC800 I set it at 3.95v. I made the TPS adjuster to the parts listed on the web site and it worked with no problems. The aligater clips are a little cumbersome when trying to measure the voltage, but no that bad. I'm sure making it is cheaper than buying it from the dealer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts