Snowmobile World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am interested in making my 800 run better , not very impressed with the way it pulls . I came off a Mach 1 it was a 99 and this 800 I have has no where near the power that 700 had , maybe its just me but I think this sled should have a little better feel than it does motor wise any ideas as to mods ---- clutch kit maybe ?

·
Registered
3 Posts
my 02 responded well by putting 298 ramps, 200-290 primary spring, 18 gram pins and adjusters on #3/ i dont know if you have rer or not ,if you do, install a 50/ 47 helix and use bombardier belt # 414-8607-00, you might want to change yor top gear to a 25 tooth, this should bring you around 117 mph as long as everything else is OK :hallo1:

·
Registered
221 Posts
I used to have a "97 700 Mach and my 02 800 MXZX would walk all over the '97. Only complaint is the mileage. The Mach was much better. As for mods I have just about every conceivable one out there for the 800. I'll take it out for a ride tomorrow and dyno next week so'll I'll let you know more within a week. First mod I went for was a Thundershift clutch kit from Bill Cudney. Next was the 144 picks to go with the Precision skis. The rest I sort of got carried away, not knowing when to stop!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Douglas no I do not have RER but I was told that the sleds all have the same helix will have to do some checking , thanks for the info and bobber I would be interested to hear about what you have into your 800 because like I said I believe that my 700 was alot better than my 800 . I know that the triple and twins are two different kinds of power but I thought the 800 would still go better than it does

thanks Bob

·
Registered
524 Posts
The 02 800 does have the HVX27 rer clutch even if it does not have RER. Its funy how some run good and some dont, that sled should at least run side by side with a mach1. Before you mess with the clutches make sure youre ok on the fuel side of things. Theres a carb needle/ secondary cluch spring update kit for the '02's that will lean it out a bit and increase fuel economy and performance

1 - 7 of 7 Posts