Snowmobile World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been trying to get a set of SPI's for my 02 renegade 800 but the shop I went too said there is no 02 800 listed for SPI, wiseco, or Jolautem (sp?). Soo does any one have any advice? I can't find a website for SPI. Would the 03 pistons work? Its the same bore size but different part numbers.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks, Dave

·
journeyman sled/motorhead
4,440 Posts
quote from mxzwfo, can be found in the piston topic in the high tech section. "I have SPI's in my 800 doo and they have been there for atleast 800 miles. Had the cylinders off to do some work to them. The pistons looked outstanding as well as the rings."
drop Brian a line and he can get you the numbers you need his is an 02 mxz.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
quote from mxzwfo, can be found in the piston topic in the high tech section. "I have SPI's in my 800 doo and they have been there for atleast 800 miles. Had the cylinders off to do some work to them. The pistons looked outstanding as well as the rings."
drop Brian a line and he can get you the numbers you need his is an 02 mxz.[/b]
ok thanks. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
852 Posts
i always used weisco`s... really in the twins they really didnt hold up well. it seemed like there was pretty abnormal skirt wear probably in part from the pistons rocking in the bores. now i`m running spi`s , so far i`m real happy.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Check on ebay there are a few people selling them for the 800,s i,m going to buy a set tonight.!!![/b]

Good Idea!. LOL I was on there this morning and found a set for 127 including shipping. Saved at least $30. It is my first ever Ebay purchase, so far im happy. I just hope it doesn't take too long to get to me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts