Snowmobile World banner
21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
pesky bolts

LOosening the motor mount bolts was going to be my next idea. I was also thinking about using a crow's foot, then maybe a cutting torch, then maybe dowsing the whole thing in gasoline and drag the flaming thing with the sled that does work...but then i oppted against the latter.
thanks, dano

·
Registered
1 Posts
well decided to pull the recoil off to make sure since i have the motor apart anyways... and what do you know.. lol... the coggs are all gone on the belt....
boy the guy who had this before me soooo didn't take care of the motor..( took care of the outside )
i just wanted something to ride for the winter and turn around and sell it...
and now tearing into this thing i see the ves is messes up on the one side.. the not is stripped out.. the bellow is ripped.... both the cylinders are all goug'd up one of the rings was seated right up to the piston...on the same side the ves is messed up on (might have help'd with the ring seating up on it)...
but im not going to replace them i just want to sell it... not putting more money into.. it still had 150 psi in one cylinder and 135 in the one that the ring was seated on.. i got it loose and cleaned it up abit.. was going to see if a guy i know could hone.. the cylinders but said can't cuz they are nickel.. o well going to put it together and get rid of it.. if i was going to keep it i would do it right.. but im not.. and to be honest cant afford to.. ( selling in the first place for money to expand my buisness )

thanks for you help guys !! will post again when its together.. and let you know how it all work's out !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You can hone nikacil
well decided to pull the recoil off to make sure since i have the motor apart anyways... and what do you know.. lol... the coggs are all gone on the belt....
boy the guy who had this before me soooo didn't take care of the motor..( took care of the outside )
i just wanted something to ride for the winter and turn around and sell it...
and now tearing into this thing i see the ves is messes up on the one side.. the not is stripped out.. the bellow is ripped.... both the cylinders are all goug'd up one of the rings was seated right up to the piston...on the same side the ves is messed up on (might have help'd with the ring seating up on it)...
but im not going to replace them i just want to sell it... not putting more money into.. it still had 150 psi in one cylinder and 135 in the one that the ring was seated on.. i got it loose and cleaned it up abit.. was going to see if a guy i know could hone.. the cylinders but said can't cuz they are nickel.. o well going to put it together and get rid of it.. if i was going to keep it i would do it right.. but im not.. and to be honest cant afford to.. ( selling in the first place for money to expand my buisness )

thanks for you help guys !! will post again when its together.. and let you know how it all work's out !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You can hone nikacil cylinders just lube it heavy with diesel or atf before and during the honing keep the hone moving in and out don't let it sit and spin in 1 spot.Ive saved thousands$$$$ by doing this never had an issue.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts