Snowmobile World banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I heard that a recall is in the future for all 02 800's. I think the pull start they used has a small bolt and pin in the center and is likely to break causing heavy damage to the stator if it falls apart when riding. I just heard this yesterday and not sure if its going to be a total recall or if its going to be a service bulletin. Has anyone else heard anything?

·
Registered
91 Posts
My 02 ZR800CC recoil grenaded at about 1900 miles and wrecked the stator, flywheel, ignition sensor, & starter pulley. It was in the shop for 3 months waiting for parts. I sure hope it got the "new & improved" parts or I think they should repair it with whatever parts have changed to make it more durable. Knowing my experiences in the past with AC so far..... I'll bet I'm screwed. Hopefully it was the dealership that I purchased my sled at and not AC. I ordered my F7 this season from adifferent dealer in hopes of having better service/warranty experiences. Time will tell! :nervous:
-JPL

·
Registered
530 Posts
I had the same problem as JPL, everything he stated plus the lower motor case.
JPL, what did they give you to ride while you waited for parts?

·
Registered
91 Posts
LOL.... Your kidding, right? it was experiences like this one that drove me away from this dealership and searched for a different one to buy my new sled. I ran my ZR 800CC situations(if they were the ones that would have sold me that sled) by with the dealership that I ordered/bought my F7 at, and it sounded from what they were telling me, it absouletly sounded like a place that I wanted to do business with. Now I realize at that time it could have all been "lip service", but time will tell....

Chubby, as far as a possible updated part, we will need to know this and demand that it gets done on our sleds that have already been repaired. I was snooping around at the on-line micro-fische, and they have superseded(updated) part#'s for the IGNITION SENSOR and the RECOIL, STARTER ASSEMBLY since my repair was completed on 6-15-02. The part# installed on my sled for the recoil starter assy. is part# 3006-048. The new part# is 3006-438. The difference I see is that they are using 6mm. studs/nuts on the old part# that was installed in my sled, and the new part is using 8mm studs/nuts. If I'm not mistaken, that was the problem with why these units EXPLODED on our machines, the nuts were to small in size and were/did not get tourqed and loc-######'ed properly.

Whats you're take? Can you look back on your repair invoice too see what part#'s they used on your sled? Thanks.
-JPL

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Mine has been replaced with an original once and twice with the updated ones. The first updated one didn't even last long enough to start the sled once after replacement (of course I was north and ready to ride when it broke-the weekend before the replacement original broke and took out the stator leaving me stranded) the second updated one finished out the season, another 1300 or so miles. In AC's defense, it looks like Doo and Polar Bear are having just as much trouble with recoils on their 7 & 800's. No excuse but seems like misery loves company.

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
It doesn't look like it will be a recall for the recoils but instead an updated part they will install if yours fails while under warranty. The same goes for the reed stuffers that are swelling, if they don't fail while still under warranty you will be SOL. :angry:

·
Registered
31 Posts
This might you !
Arctic Cat piston recall # 2003-1-07 part number: 0637-223
It is true the pistons are to be replaced - my son's 2001 MC 800 is getting replaced when parts come in to dealership.
Thank care.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
??? I find it hard to believe that arctic will come out with a recall or service bullitin, when they didn't issue nothing for the contaminated fuel tank problems that lots of people were having!!! I know that even my dealer did nothing to help me with the problem, even when i asked him about it, he stated that he knew about it!! Said he looked in the tank with a flashlight and there was nothing in there!!!Ya sure, that was after two pumps!! I ended up doin it myself!! I think Cat needs to pull their heads out of "you know where" and start dealing with these problems that they have on these machines before warranty runs out and we are stuck paying the bill for their engineering and design mistakes!! I know I am not satisfied with the "customer service" from Cat and some of it's dealers!! :angry: :cussing:

·
Registered
476 Posts
Well, the "01" 800's also used the "3005-520" Recoil Starter. Are the "01's" included in this recall :yee:

Auggie

·
Coming 2 a Trail near You
2,267 Posts
Just what i wanted to hear on the 3rd day I own the new one.... Thanks for the good news...LOL what next?

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
My recoil rope just not rewinding on my doo 800 sounds better than the
problems you guys are having with your ac's.If i was JPL i would be truely
bitter towards cat period. :yee:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts