Snowmobile World banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone received their warranty extention card from the purchase of their 02 Cats?  I was told that AC warranties the 1st year, and an aftermarket extended warranty company covers the second year and that a card should be recieved in the mail when the 1st year of factory warranty comes close to an end.. Has anyone recieved this warranty registration/confirmation card yet?? Is this really the way it works for the 2nd year warranty? Thanks.
-JPL

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
I got my "Snowmobile extended Service Contract" from Arctic cat just the other day!!AC waranties the first year and then warranty is bought buy cat through a major insurance company......thats straight from the letter!!!

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Snow Monkey, does the contract give details as to what is covered for the second year? My understanding that coverage is provided for the basic engine only, nothing else. Rick.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My understanding of the second year warranty(aftermarket company) was that it was equal to the 1st year warranty from the manufacturer.
-JPL

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I finally got the extended service contract on my 02 ZR800CC yesterday in the mail.  It is a company called "AfterCare" that Arctic Cat purchases the second year warranty thru.
-JPL

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (JPL @ Sep. 23, 2002, 07:24am)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I finally got the extended service contract on my 02 ZR800CC yesterday in the mail.  It is a company called "AfterCare" that Arctic Cat purchases the second year warranty thru.
-JPL[/b][/quote]
Yep, and this extended warrenty stinks
I was reading the details and you better forget trying to claim anything as far as I'm concerned. You have to keep a log,with reciepts etc etc etc etc etc for every little tiny little thing you do.

·
Registered
533 Posts
The aftermarket company doesn't warranty everything as Arctic Cat leads you to believe.

For example, the Fuel Preasure Regulator is not warrantied.  I found out the hard way.

newf

·
Registered
57 Posts
rfmckee, JPL and others,

I recieved the 2nd year warranty through "Aftercare" as a result of spring ordering my 2001 zrt6.  During the winter of 2000/2001 I experineced excessive throttle cable stretch.  My dealer installed a new throttle cable under the Cat Warranty in the spring of 2001.  Later that spring, my dealer retired.

This past March during last ride of the season, the left side drive shaft bearing experienced failure.  After reading the extended warranty, I called "Aftercare" to see if driveshaft bearings were covered.  They said it would be covered.  I indicated that the selling dealer had since retired.  They said take it to the Cat dealer of your choice and have them submit the paperwork.

The dealer I chose had previously sent in two claims to Aftercare with no issues (he didn't say what the claims were for).  The dealer, nor Aftercare, had any issues with my bearing replacement.  I believe I had to pay the tax on the either the part or the labor, can't remember for sure.  If I think of it, I'll look at the paperwork tonight when I get home.

David

·
Registered
533 Posts
On my 01ZR6 the throttle cable wore a hole through the FPR.  The aftermarket warranty company paid for the throttle cable but not the FPR.

newf

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (David @ Sep. 23, 2002, 11:16am)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">rfmckee, JPL and others,

I recieved the 2nd year warranty through "Aftercare" as a result of spring ordering my 2001 zrt6.  During the winter of 2000/2001 I experineced excessive throttle cable stretch.  My dealer installed a new throttle cable under the Cat Warranty in the spring of 2001.  Later that spring, my dealer retired.

This past March during last ride of the season, the left side drive shaft bearing experienced failure.  After reading the extended warranty, I called "Aftercare" to see if driveshaft bearings were covered.  They said it would be covered.  I indicated that the selling dealer had since retired.  They said take it to the Cat dealer of your choice and have them submit the paperwork.

The dealer I chose had previously sent in two claims to Aftercare with no issues (he didn't say what the claims were for).  The dealer, nor Aftercare, had any issues with my bearing replacement.  I believe I had to pay the tax on the either the part or the labor, can't remember for sure.  If I think of it, I'll look at the paperwork tonight when I get home.

David[/b][/quote]
Hey, That's cool. I have just had bad luck with aftermarket warrenties. You know, the fine print, and interpretation of the warrenty. Once I read that whole thing it just made me think they would try and sneak out of everything. I kinda think the bearing was pretty cut and dry. I mean, there is no real preventive maint. to keep that from happening, and off hand I can't think of anything that would be related to it to make it happen. Glad to hear that they are a good company. Maybe I can get them to replace my thumb warmer.

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Is warranty the same north and south of the border? After talking to my dealer I was told it covered nothing beyond the basic engine during the second year.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts