Snowmobile World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive noticed that the bolt holding the shaft with inne idler wheels just ahead of the suspention spring rest is egged a liitle.there is a hole rite next to it.does anyone know the effects of moving that bolt back.its about an inch or so.i think its the pivot for the front shock too.thanks

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
ive noticed that the bolt holding the shaft with inne idler wheels just ahead of the suspention spring rest is egged a liitle.there is a hole rite next to it.does anyone know the effects of moving that bolt back.its about an inch or so.i think its the pivot for the front shock too.thanks[/b]
this will affect the rising and fall rates of the suspension, i have to think about this and remember which way taht move it to. i think it moves to a falling rate but ill look at my skid at home and think about it.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
yep falling rate. you will ahve faster shaft speed the first inches of travel and slower the last few inches of travel. this means a softer FTA and probably a slightly stiffer RTA.

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
Crap, that's going to change a bunch of stuff. TS is right on the front shock. That's going to lay down a little. The rocker on the front of the rear shock can be relocated to a different hole forward of where it's at now. Not sure about anything else. Have to have the thing laid out in front of me to see if anything else moves. Interesting though. If you decide to go for it, let us know about your impression afterward.

·
Registered
577 Posts
If you have access to a welder or someone that can weld, fill it in and redrill.

Arctic Cat offerrs some steel plates that can be bolted to the slide rails to eliminate the elongation.. Youi could make some of your own. Wouldn't have to be to thick.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you have access to a welder or someone that can weld, fill it in and redrill.

Arctic Cat offerrs some steel plates that can be bolted to the slide rails to eliminate the elongation.. Youi could make some of your own. Wouldn't have to be to thick.[/b]
yes i can, i didnt think of that-i was tthinking one little hole couldnt make much difference.it seems to ride stiffer but then again its been a long summer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts