Snowmobile World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to site. Just bought new 02 Indy 500. Manual says to only use Polaris belt. Any thoughts on this guys?

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Of course it says to use Polaris oil too. It mentioned something about aftermarket belts not being exactly the same size and that could screw up the clutch or something. So does anyone have any recommendations as to what aftermarket belt to use? Gates or Dayco?

·
Registered
272 Posts
There was a post very recently in the General Forum if I recall that went into detail about this. The overall was yet Polaris belts cost more but typically slip right on as where with Gates and Dayco you are kinda gambling if they will fit right. It seems some of thier belts fit differnt machines better than others.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's my concern. I want it to be exactly the same specs if I buy the aftermarket one. I'll keep researching. Anyone else know anything? How much are the Polaris belts anyway?

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
My experience has been that the factory belts cost a fair bit more than the aftermarket ones but slip right on with no/minimal problems or adjustments.
:D
Rick.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts