Snowmobile World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got it. 3miles on it. We got a couple feet of snow so I was playing in my field, checking it out. Well, it keeps loosing the headlamp and tach. It does it at any rpm. Like it has a bad connection somewhere.
What I'm wondering is if this is a common problem and someone knows right where to look. My dealer is 60 miles away and I'm sure it will work fine in their shop.

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
Didn't have a problem with mine. First thing is to inspect the wiring harnesses for rub thru,shorting. Also for good connection at the hard shell connectors. Possibly could be a stator problem. Good luck,let us know.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I have an 02 600 and haven't had any problems. Sounds like a loose connection. Try to replicate by tugging, moving, and pulling on wires till you find it.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Check the connector at the hood hinge, mine used to come loose on my old formula. If your taillight is still on this is most likely the problem.

·
Registered
372 Posts
CHECK THE HARNESS WHERE IT GOES UNDER THE MOTOR ...PROBLEY NOT PLUGED IN PROPERLY...I HAD THE SAME PROBLEM WITH MINE...PLUGED IT IN AND IT WORKED GREAT...

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies.
It turned out to be easy to find. A wire from the voltage reg rubbed through near the recoil and shorted. Strange it wore through so quickly.
I just hope the rest of the sled is put together better.
Thanks again.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I have a 02mxz700 and hadnt had any problems. I sure you will be very happy with this sled.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts