Snowmobile World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the '02 800,s the needle is non-adjustible. What I need to know is what can I do to solve a lean mid range problem. Before, I could just change the needle position. Can I use the needle set-up from an '01 800 that is adjustable? Do I need anything else for the swap? These sled are rich at low rpms and at WOT but, in the mid range they are lean.

Thanks for your help!!
Brian

·
Registered
400 Posts
You can buy the adjustable needles from your
dealer. The 01's MXZ's weren't adjustable either,
but I was able to purchase them. I'm not sure
what needles you have in your sled?

·
Registered
171 Posts
I'm not sure why you feel the mid is lean if it's pyro's than I suggest that you have the probes in the wrong location, anyway here's a adjustable needle that Ive been running. #J8-9HIY01-52. I started out in the #3 clip went to #2 and am now in #1, turn the fuel screws out to 2.5-3 turns. I have other mods but this should work for you and will help milage and chrispness. You may want to start in the #4 clip location and work from there. I'm at 990' to 8,500'.

·
Registered
8 Posts
The carbs are different from 01 to 02.The 02 has apressed in emulsion tube.Before changing anything check the specs.Try adjusting your fuel screws.Ski-doo says from 3/4 to 1 1/4 turn out.My friend dropped his kneedles using a thinner washer.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts