Snowmobile World banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There was a post last week regarding an updated/revised secondary spring and new leaner needles for the 02 mxz800 with RER. This spring is supposed to lower RPM's when riding slow and along with the new needles , fuel consumption is supposed to be improved. I'm a little leary about running any leaner as my sled seemed to run okay with decent fuel mileage (10-12 mpg). I'm wondering if performance will suffer with the new spring. The dealer said no noticeable changes at high speed. Obviously the driven won't backshift at the same rate but I usually ride the ice so maybe it won't be noticeable. Is it worth changing ? Also, back in September there was a post from Fast Mach Z where he collapsed and heated his secondary spring to shorten it (about an inch, the same difference as the new mxz spring) on his Mach Z. He had good results. What are your thoughts?

·
Registered
393 Posts
i was the one that posted about the new secondary spring and needles. i hated the way it backshifted so hard that was like an engine brake comming on. i`m hoping it will let the thing coast a little. as far as the needles go we have been getting around 10-12 mpg too and i am a little leary about swapping the needles to lean it out more.

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts