Snowmobile World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Take a good look at your coolant bottles to make sure the cap is not cross threaded or stripped. This happened to my sled this weekend and it lost coolant and ran hot. This was in the early am so hard pack with little dust didint help. I got it to a dealer in Eagle river,by adding Lipton Brisk Ice tea and marsh water,didnt have to resort to pissin in the bottle. and they fixed it in less than a hour and I was back on the trail.The problem can start with the dealer who sets it up or the factory not getting the system bled of air properly and they can get hot and warp the coolant bottle also.They also recommend a longer snow flap of aux heat exchnger in the rear.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Tell me WKMOTZU,

Did you have any problems starting your sled when you turned it off for a few minutes? I was having that problem with
my 500 EDGE and it would take a half a dozen pulls in order to fire here up!!!!! Could this be a preliminary warning of runnig hot?

Would appreciate your input.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It started and ran normal afterwards. When it 1st started it booged as if fouling plugs,so I canned it and it bogged real hard and I noticed the light came on when I went full throttle then went off when back to idle. Then I shut it down. Does your s do this all the time?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts