Snowmobile World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked a brand new one up for the wife WICK cheap.

Was just wondering hp numbers, and approx. top end numbers for the machine. Thanks, much appreciated.

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
great sled, change the skis though. my kid gets 135 km out of his 00 440 mxz and the 02 500 is much more.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Panasync.. I also picked up the '02 500f for my wife and my 12 year old son. Great little sled. Light enough to handle and move around, great on gas!! If anything the rear skid is a little stiff even on it's lightest setting. I'm hoping it will loosen up after some more miles. With the crappy winter we only got 500 miles on it...and I wish the front suspension was adjustable it was a little heavy to turn. Got a little better with front limiter strap adjustment. I then put the ski skins on it for easy steering. If a aggressive type rider is going to use it change out the skis, because the steel skis with the skins push through in the corners compared to the flex plastic ones. Had a darting issue in the beginning and reset the skis to toe out about 3/4 inch. Great pick up out of the hole to about 40mph...then slides into it's top speed,and great grass wheelies...The best part was she felt really comfortable on it and gained alot of riding confidence..she ran my '99 FZ 670 a little and said she could get use to it...Maybe a new 600ho Rev for me in the future...
But a question for Sharkey,Paul mine maxed out about 70-75....I didn't get a chance to screw with the clutch setting or anything because the wife liked it the way it was , But what pin # on the TRA do you have it set on?
Good luck
Rubber Side Down
Brad

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
She will love this sled.  For her birthday or christman which ever comes first you should buy her persision skis?  She will love them.  Makes the worst rider a avrage rider and makes a good rider an excellent rider.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Thanks for all the help guys. I was at the dealer earlier tonight and brought up the skis. Got a complete set like new with 68 miles that came off a wrecked '02 mxzx 700, for a mere $250 Canadian.

Sounds like a great little sled.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Does this not have just the reg. SC10 skid?? Is it not rough in the stutter bumps? I know my wifes 99440f is terible.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts