Snowmobile World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a line on a 2002 Z440 SnoPro.  $4900.00 out the door, brand new from a dealer.  I cant find too much info on this sled.  Anybody have the particulars, HP, speed, weight, any mods that can easily be done, etc.  Dealer says it was made for the race team but never used.  No key, just a tether.  Has speedo and tach.  It's all aluminum and super light.  All fox shocks but fan cooled and price seems real good, just need a little help with this one.  Thanks in advance.  I hear no liquid 440's were made available to the public this year, any truth to that.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi
They make about 65 horses.  With clutch work and jetting you could beat stock 500 and 600 for about till 70 mph.  Great sled i would love to trade my zr for a fan.  They last longer than a lc one.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply.  I have a 2002 ZR 600 now.  How would they compare?  Handling, low end, top end.  Is there more detailed or frequent maintenance with a fan?  Any idea on the retail $?  Basically, I do more trail riding & ditch bangin than anything else.  Would I enjoy the 440 more than the 600?

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I t/t a guy yesterday that said unless you actually race them, they're more trouble than they're worth.  Any thoughts on that one?

·
Registered
110 Posts
From what I have seen on the race circut they can take one heck of a beating! I have not herd any complants from the other racers about Z440 fan! I know of no engine problems from other racers! I have seen these sleds compete in the liquad class and hold there own! There are guys in the msxra racing these sleds in 4 ,5 and 6 classes! and they are making there finals with them even in the liquad class! The only complant I herd from a cat guy was they felt the Prox fan may have a little more power!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts