Snowmobile World banner

02 zr 800 efi cross country vs. 03 f7

4K views 19 replies 15 participants last post by  mcali17 
#1 ·
Hi I was in a agurement in which would win in a drag race. I said the 800 but the other kid said the F7 Firecat. So I would like to know what you think.

#5 ·
The F7 will eat the ZR8 for breakfast, lunch & dinner!!  The F7 will eat most sleds for lunch!  This is all based on prototypes, but they are disgustingly fast!  There are reports of it taking the ZR9 back in the spring.  We'll have to see what the production models come out as, but Cat isn't known for detuning their sleds!

#7 ·
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ZR800 @ Sep. 17, 2002, 10:32pm)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">cat's come out and said that the f sleds aren't lake racers.my money's on the zr.
[/b][/quote]
I heard the same thing.........The F7 might fall on its face at 500 feet and we all know what the 800 is capable of

#11 ·
Gls has said once again that the f7 with ideal conditions and lenght of a run will do 120-122 on the gun.Wade west has also said they run a f7 aginst a zr 800 efi with the guy on the f7 weighing 25 more then the guy on the 800.The f7 beat it hands down from the hole to the top end.They also said in the new americian snowmobiler mag that they run a limited test with the f7 and 900.The f7 run with the 900 in the limited test they said they done,dont know how long of a run it was they never said.Darren

#16 ·
Yes there is... its called weight, and at the same time the F7 has good form in the drags... it takes off very nice... the F7 will undoubtebly take out an 800 stock to stock... read some of the stats and you'll see

#19 ·
My $ is on the 800!! It does weigh a bit more but has the power over the 700. The 800 cc efi that my buddy bought last year went 152hp on the dyno and in excess of 90lbs of tourque. That is a fact and it was only lightly clutched. In addition it ran a clutched T-Cat and was very even at the end of the run. The 700 may hang with the 800 for a bit and it may even get a jump out of the hole but it wont have a chance in a 1000ft.
This is all asuming that the race is done with two well tuned sleds not prototypes or bad set ups. To many times races are lopsided because of poor setup. This winter will really tell what the 700 will do. The power numbers are down and the weight is up from the preproduction models. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.