Snowmobile World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have to say that I am getting kinda disappointed with my new sled.  The sled itself rocks but I think I am having too many problems for being a new machine.  To start with the rear end seems too soft compared to other newer cats, and my springs are on the highest tension setting.  The dealer thinks that I might have a weak set of springs.  Then yesterday I went to start my sled while we were out on the trail and the #### recoil broke.  It appears the cord was contacting something hot because it looked like it was melted in half.  So I used the emergency start strap and got it running. After about a mile of riding I hear some clanking noises coming from the recoil area. So I took the recoil off out on the trail to find that the think like exploded inside the housing.  The reminaing cord was all shredded, the spring was broken into about 7 pieces and the rest of the assmebly was pretty much destroyed.  So I removed all the broken stuff and put just the empty cover back on.  To top it all off the sled is starting to run like crap.  I think it needs to be jetted or something.  If I don't put new plugs in all the time, the think lacks midrange and low end power.  When stopping it will idle at about 1300 rpm and then gradually gets slower and slower until it eventually quits.  I run Isopropyl and the power vavles are clean.  So I am pretty much frustrated with this sled at this point, and it only has 600 miles on it.  Does anyone have any ideas about whether any of this stuff will be warranty work?  Or any ideas about why it runs like crap without fresh plugs? Ok I am done venting now, sorry for being so long winded.  I am just pissed cause we just got like 14 inches of fresh powder last night and I can barely ride my sled.  Thanks

Jason

·
Registered
416 Posts
Join the club buddy. I,m not impressed with all the problems with my 02 ZR either

·
Registered
530 Posts
Just to let you know Arctic Cat knows of this problem with the recoil and is doing nothing about it, Maybe they will when they start replacing motors due to this...Thats right, My recoil let go this past weekend on my 02/800EFICC, It took the stator and a huge piece of the crank case with it. My sled had a wopping 410 miles on it. There has to be a lemon law involved with new sleds with a ton of problems, return the scrap and get your money back!!...#### if there was I could see a few manufactures go under real fast.  

Oh by the way check you hose from the water pump, there rubbing and splitting.

·
Registered
20 Posts
i have a 2002 zr 500 and have gone to 310 mains dropped needle one position fuel screw at 1 3/4 turn out and air screw at 1 1/2 turn out runs great and haven't fouled a plug in 600 mile (even riding with my wife.) as far as rear susp goes i went to mobil 1 synthetic atf and 200lbs nitrogen and am very happy with the difference.a fresh rebuild on the shocks does wonders because you really need to get the break in oil out of them. hope this helps

1 - 6 of 6 Posts