Snowmobile World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:) My cat dealer called me today and advised me that there is a new style recoil to be installed on the 02 zr800 and an inspection only to be done on the 02 zr600 . Replace the recoil only if failed on 600. Bolt or nut is coming loose inside. I heard of this problem last year and had removed and loctited my recoil bolt. He advised me that they are going to replace it anyways. Most of the failures are on the 800 because of the higher vibrations. He had my new recoil there now and will replace right away.
Now thats a great dealer. :D :D
Rob

·
Registered
108 Posts
Is it an official recall from arctic cat or is that you just have a good dealer to work with. ???

·
Registered
17 Posts
I was going through my 02 zr800 last night and called my dealer to ask him if he'd ever heard anything about a recall or service bulletin about the recoil. He told me yes, he did have a bulletin on it, and that I should take the recoil over to him and he'd give me the new one. I was a little disappointed that he didn't call me with the news...maybe if it's not an actual recall he doesn't feel the need. Would have been really upset though if the old recall came apart and caused alot of damage and then found out he had the info to prevent a problem. Might cause me to shop a little harder when it's time to trade in for a new one.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dealer said that they where advised by cat to do this and the paper work is still in the works from cat. He has know about it for at least 4 weeks. As he did one order for all sleds they have sold that fall into the window advised by cat.
Rob :)

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
I just called my dealer and they said they haven't heard of this yet so it must still be working its way down the pipe. Has anyone heard of them doing anything about the bushing for the shock yet in the rear. I am going to make a new bushing since the replacement is the same.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts