Snowmobile World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Was talking to my uncle last night and made a proposition to me. I have a 2002 ZR 800 w/ 136" conversion. He has a 2003 F5. Both sleds have new tracks, clutch kits, V-Force III reeds, and several other Cat accessories. The F5 also has C&A skis. Both sleds are maintained to the max and are in showroom condition. Both are also right around 2300 in miles.

kbb.com on my ZR is $2795 and the F5 is $3005. He asked if I was interested in a trade. Now I do not really need the 800's power and have ridden the 500 and like it. Would this be a deal you would make. I love my ZR but moving to the newer chassis is also a bonus. Give me honest opinions and why or why not.
:confused:
Thanks,
Z-Rider

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
I would not touch a F5 with a 10foot poll

Why do you think he wants to trade

BTW LOL at the KBB

the ZR800 is a lot more desirable then the F5

F7 would be diferent

·
10,054 Posts
The only f5 I have ever rode was a buddies and I did like his. I do love my f7 and when I picked up the new sled, it is my sons,,, I will keep my f7. I came from the zrt (mine was a 97) so it had more weight than yours does, but going from it to the f7 was a night and day difference. I could knock out 200 mile and have someone ask about riding another 50 to grab dinner and I am ready to go. After 200 mile on the zrt, I was beat. I feel good after riding the firecat all day, whereas I didnt want to do a bunch that night after riding the zrt,,,, big big difference in the two sleds in my opinion.
If you dont need the 800 power, and the 500 has all you want, it might be a good thing for you. Set it up where you uncle that you have a couple of months (both of you) to make sure you like the others sled and if you both do, then just keep them. If he liked his old one better, or vice versa, trade them back.
FB, why wouldnt you touch an f5 with a 10 foot pole,,, my buddies has had absolutely no problems and its a blast to ride. corner to corner it will keep up with nearly anything out there, but it does fall behind on the long straightaways,,,,
I am just interested in why you dislike them so much.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I have decided to keep my baby. Loved this sled from first sight. Always wanted a sled in the ZR3 chassis. It would be to hard to see it after the trade and know that I no longer own it.

·
Super Moderator
9,075 Posts
Well I have decided to keep my baby. Loved this sled from first sight. Always wanted a sled in the ZR3 chassis. It would be to hard to see it after the trade and know that I no longer own it.[/b]
So, does this mean I can still look forward to seeing both sleds doing test runs through your back yard Homer? :thumbsup:

Snow4

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So, does this mean I can still look forward to seeing both sleds doing test runs through your back yard Homer? :thumbsup:

Snow4[/b]

:thumbsup: Yup

We had 3 of the 4 out on Saturday doing preseason on them. Carbs all cleaned, track tension set, washed, oh and a few new "goodies" added as well :whistling: .

Now to get the trailer ready and finish up the Yamaha and we are ready to rock.

Bring on the snow

Z-Rider

1 - 6 of 6 Posts