Snowmobile World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is one for you guys to hear about.
I read in anouther form that a guy with a 02 zr600efi beat a 01 Zert600 in a race 1000 ft and all he has in his zr600 is a No Magic heartpump clutchkit he also claims 114 mph in 1000 ft.

·
Registered
533 Posts
If the ZRT6 is stock, and the ZR6 has been clutched.

I can be convinced that the ZR will beat the ZRT.  However not really a fair match.  Clutch the ZRT and you have a different story.

newf

·
Registered
413 Posts
I could believe it.  A clutched ZR will get a better hole shot.  For a 1000 ft, that ZRT is just gettin the ball rolling.  I'm sure the ZRT would start to gain on it after 1000 ft.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I fogot to mention that all sleds were clutched and had a min of 144 studs.I am a strong believer in twins but this one is just to hard to believe.I have read were the zr puts out anywere between 103 to 109 hp and the zert is around 125 and the zert also has apv which will make it a true out of the hole performer plus an increase in top end.also the fact that the 600 doesnot have toomuch over the 500 apv which is only around 100 hp on a dyno.

·
Registered
307 Posts
I can see the ZR being quicker then ZRT,  but i can't see the ZR being faster then the ZRT, there is a difference on quicker and faster.  I also can't see the ZR doing 114mph in a 1000'.  Oh ya did i mention i'm also a fortune teller

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
The Cat speedo is off. 104 mph would be about max. in1000ft. The 2001 ZRT is a Pooch as older ones were a lot quicker, you have to wire Power Valves open to run like the oldones, ask Kelly Shilt's, OOPS, stock drag racer extraordinaire.

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
I could believe he beat the zrt.  The newer ones don't impress me all that much.  BUT, as fas as getting 114 out of a 600 twin and only a clutch kit and maybe studs.....pure BS!  And since that is pure BS, I tend to think that everything else the guy said is probably BS.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts