Snowmobile World banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
More specifically, did we all have the chance to purchase a t-shirt with 'our' sleds picture on it like the one that someone got in an earlier posting?  I wasn't interested in the jacket, bibs, or helmet(they did ask me about those items), but I sure don't seem to remember my dealer asking about a t-shirt?  Anyone else know the details on this program? Thanks.
-JPL

·
Registered
166 Posts
On the Cat website prior to April 15th, they did have a special catalog that had all kinds of F7 and F5 items. Hats, shirts etc.  I ordered a new F7 Green Jacket, because my current jacket has a lot of purple in it, and is pretty worn. When I looked in the catalog that is currently online, this jacket is not offered. So it might be that certain F5 and F7 items had to be ordered early, but I would guess that the dealers will stock a bunch of this stuff, but I wonder what the markup will be?

·
Registered
48 Posts
If you snowchecked a special graphics sled like Patroit-Sabercat ect you could get a cap, t shirt, suit,helmit with your sled or graphics to match on it. Only last spring not now.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I did early order a F7 green/race, but I don' remember my dealer offering me anything except a Jacket, bibs, and helmet....  Darn it!!  
-JPL

·
Registered
413 Posts
I got my accessory catalog in the mail yesterday.  About 75% is devoted to firecat stuff.  You should be able to find something to your liking in there.

·
Registered
483 Posts
mcali17, you can order one off the website, but it will probably be  quicker to stop at your dealer and pick one up. I received one in the mail yesterday too, but picked one up from my dealer back in April.

·
Registered
346 Posts
I wish I was wealthy to afford half of there stuff! I love buying new gear though!

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Is it just me or is Cat's Clothing getting uglier and uglier more and more every year. I really didn't care for the stuff I got last yr, but I'm glad I didn't wait till this year. Some of the Firecat stuff is cool, but if you don't have a firecat, your screwed. It just seems like the clothing is getting boring looking. Again, except for the firecat stuff. If this keeps up, I may have to buy a firecat just so I can have cool looking gear. hehe

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
I received my catalog 3 days ago...didn't buy a new sled since last Sep.  I don't know if it's through Cat's Pride, or my dealer putting me on a list.  I'm thinking it's through Cat though, even though the catalog was postmarked from Milwaukee, WI.  If you want one, call a dealer and he should mail you one.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Under a different thread a buddy of mine (SnoProG) posted a picture of the "special" Patriot T shirt that was offered to Patriot owners.  (If he panned the camera up, you would have seen my smiling face.)

Anyway, the clothing and cap options for those specific sleds was only offered on the website and was made to order during the summer.  I guess Arctic Cat figured they didn't want to have specialized clothing sitting around without buyers.  

Some "Blair Morgan" clothing was collecting dust after Blair left to ride on SKI-DOO, maybe that experience made AC a bit more wary of having to much specialized clothing.  

My opinion on this is that it might have been a bit stupid on AC's part.  Because as a sled buyer I didn't realize that the clothing wasn't available until I looked at the website a couple of days after the website changed.  Because I realized the clothing disappeared, I thought "darn" I can't get the helmet and clothing.  I didn't know the offer for the clothing was over by April 15th.  Heck my sales guy mentioned the clothing, but not the deadline and he didn't even do "suggestive selling" pushing the clothing at the time of the sled order.  (which is fine, but the deadline. . . yikes.)

So a couple days after the deadline I called my dealer and we found the clothing catalog numbers and I made a call to Arctic Cat directly and there was some "last minute" ordering and details (the dealer had to order it with my name so they would confirm my sled order, etc.)   Man, talk about limited build.

So anyway I get to order the clothing and helmet, jacket, T-shirt, hat.  I actually ordered the stuff about 4 or 5 days after the deadline.  I didn't even know if the helmet order would happen, as AC might have ordered the make up of those before that order went through.  So last week when I got word my helmet was in, I was excited. . . because I didn't know for certain I could even BUY IT ! ! !

Anyway I have heard that at times AC has ads that run with clothing that is made up for their AD copy only and customers cannot even order the clothing and are turned away by sales people when they ask about it.  Talk about exclusive.  You'd think that AC would try to produce a little extra of these things to meet the pent up demand that would occur.  I guess they didn't.

As a customer, my desire at first in getting the Patriot package was to buy the sled and then have the option of getting matching "theme" clothing later.  It would have helped my budget a bit.  After all, who wants to spend another $800 right away to get matching clothing.  You'd think that AC would have thought this thru a bit, but I suppose they are trying to run by a "just in time" inventory model and keep inventories low for business purposes.

I agree with the post about ZR clothing.  They should still have some cool ZR clothing for ZR riders, even with the FIRECAT stuff.  It seems that a lot of the clothing is a bit more "plain" this year.  Even the Patriot jacket, is not "noisey" as clothing in the past.

Greg (a slow day at work can result in many posts)

·
Registered
93 Posts
ATOMICAT

We still don't have our cool hats, yet. If I can sell my 2001 SVT Lightning for $23k firm, I will put my 2000 ZR440 SnoPro  on ebay. And if it sells there, I will be shopping a F7 fo sho!

·
Registered
32 Posts
AC has been known for "flashy" clothes that seem to go out of style in a couple of years.  I was stung by that bug twice. Thsi year I ended up going with more functional & contemporary clothes. I found some "leftover" 2002 Klim stuff. Really good quality & much cheaper that Cat clothes.  
As far as the F-cat clothes, my dealer didn't even have a picture of what teh stuff looked like. Had to go to the web for a picture. The dealer had a really slow connection. So on a whim I ordered the TXi helmet with Sabercat graphics. I really like the features, style & fit of the TXi.  If I don't like the graphics, I guess i can change them with my air brush.  Besides i don't have to look at it....you do!    

1 - 15 of 15 Posts