Snowmobile World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have cleaned the carbs, adjusted all of the screws as per specs, sled runs good and starts good when it is warm, but terrible terrible terrible cold starts. 20 plus pulls. any ideas would be appreciated. all jets except for mains are stock. mains are two sizes down.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Take a look and see if both plungers are lifting when you pull the choke on. I know of a couple that lost the little screw on top and only one of the plungers was being lifted causing very hard cold starts.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Take a look and see if both plungers are lifting when you pull the choke on. I know of a couple that lost the little screw on top and only one of the plungers was being lifted causing very hard cold starts.[/b]
thanks but i checked both plungers &both are working fine

·
10,054 Posts
plungers may be working fine, but are they coming up enough to allow fuel into the choke circuit??

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
plungers may be working fine, but are they coming up enough to allow fuel into the choke circuit??[/b]
what is enough is there specs or measurements i can check how much slop in cable, thanks

·
10,054 Posts
I dont know the exact measurement, but I remember on my zrt that I had to tighten the screws down on 2 of the 3 as the plungers were not coming up enough to let fuel into the circuit.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts