Snowmobile World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just looking to find out if v-force reeds would be a good upgrade? are they worth the money? what would be the best bang-for-your-buck upgrade??

2003 F5 Sno-Pro w/ 1.375'' track no studs

·
10,054 Posts
clutching is your best bang for the buck. I have always felt that the bigger the motor, the more responsive it will be to reeds,,, the smaller the motor the less responsive it will be. Skip the $$ on the reeds (unless yours are bad) and get the sled clutched.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Nice pic Bone Daddy. My sister and I had the same kitty cat when we were younger. Leopard print seat, pink decals and all! :p

I have the V-force reeds on my sled, but they were already in it when I bought it. It's the only non-stock part on my sled. I cant really say how much if any diffrence is noticed. The one thing the previous owner did tell me though, was the sled doesn't hot start as well as it did with stock reeds. He said with the stock reeds it would fire up first pull when hot. With the V-force reeds in there it usually takes 2 pulls to get her fired up while hot, it also helps to just slightly touch the gas as your pulling. There are a couple others in our group with F series sleds (stock reeds) and they surely hot start better than mine.
I agree that you'll get more for your money in clutching...and notice alot more diffrence too.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Thanks I just got done Painting the belly pan white for that new Arctic cat look.

Yeah clutching and jetting are the way to go . That Sno pro is pretty fast for a 500 !

I leaned out the jets and left the gears that they used for the 440 in it . Its very light has no rear heatexchanger and lots of bracing were never installed and its never overheated yet. Its been up against a 700efi and up to 65-70 its ahead but after that it tops out a 82 mph .Its great for jumping and ditchbanging but its no lake racer more like a pond racer.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts