Snowmobile World banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend wanted me to find out why his F7 has a huge bog when you floor it from a dead stop. Do the fuel injected models do that from the factory?? The sled is brand new with only 300 miles on it, but he has a different muffler on it. Would the aftermarket Can be the problem??? This was the first F7 I rode, but I dont think it should do that...I really like the sled though :D

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Check and make sure your valves are operating right and opening and closing all the way and if they are then I'd look into clutching. The 700 EFI shouldn't have any bog and they are very responsive and quick out of the hole. I can't see the can making it run that bad to cause it to bog, but each sled acts a little different to them.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Im sorry, but the sled is a 04 im sure that dont matter...This was the first F7 I have rode and the low end power is sad for this sled. It didnt make any power till the rpm's went up..The powervalve sticking im sure would do that, but why?? The sled is new...are they known to do that??

·
10,054 Posts
I dont recall hearing a lot of problems,,, I know Dawg had a problem with his acting funny earlier in the year. I have had no problems though.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Jim...The first time it started doing this it was at night about 15*F and the next day it was 60*F and it didnt change at all.. :confused:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey Guys, thanks for the replies. I called the dealership today and they have a problem with the clutches on a few of the 2004 F-7's. If you have a new 2004 F-7 that has the last 6 digits that start with 112616 and end with 118398 you fall into this category. Mine is dead center... Now maybe we'll be able to rock and roll on the bottom end.

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Once you do get it fixed you wont believe it. The F7 is VERY quick and has great low and mid range power. My brothers 03 F7 gives my 800 a hard time until the triple top end power shows the edge. Just curious what is the update being done to the clutch? Would have thought your dealer would have let you known about it :confused: .

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Pull the cover off the APV cable motor. Its just to the PTO side of the steering post on the gas tank. I'll guess that they came unhooked. Both of the 04 F7s around here have had there cables come unhooked more then once. The other thing is if you've been in some deep snow check the airbox one guy ended up with a airbox full of snow.

·
Registered
7 Posts
The dealer told me there was a shim kit out for the clutch. They said it is too tight. I do believe it is up to Arctic Cat to contact the ownwers of these sleds. That's how the auto and motorcycle manufactures do it. That shouldn't be the responsibility of the dealer.

·
Registered
7 Posts
they removed a .030 shim to change the belt deflection. I guess I miss interpeted him. Sorry for the wrong info. :dazed:

·
Registered
305 Posts
after you get the clutch shimmed right, make sure the exhaust valve,
cables are adjusted right. and be sure you run 100% isoproyl in the fuel.
some guy's only use it every other tank full.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
there is a couple things that come to mind.if your mixing oil in tank for break in apvs could be sticking. cleaned mine at 500 mi. check to see if they move freely in slot after cleaning. i had to polish mine. material from casting apv needed cleaned up. i did this till valve just feel in. aloso check for carbon where cable goes up through housing. this is whats causing cables to unhook. figure out your oil-gas ratio. should be around 50 :1.oil oil pump might need turned down. dealer had me waite till 1000 mi. before we did this. there is a deal with a stumblingat low rpm and using too much gas. dealer will send your ecm in and reprogram. mines using too much gas. going to do this soon. still could be clutch though. this is just what i know so far. hope this helps. there is 2 other issues you should check. remove belly pan and check coolant line that runs under recoil housing. wears really hard. at leastprotect it. while belly pan is off. look behind drive clutch you'll see a hose that is routed through frame and goes to oil pump. this is your main feed line. check line. i'll bet it's rubbed hard in one place.dealer shouild take care of all of this. just make sure its protected after fix.sorry for so long.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts