Snowmobile World banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's a pic of the rear end of the racer. How can they run the flap w/ the modded engines? Do they run longer heat exchangers than the consumer sleds? Who's going to swap the parts on to their sled?

Attachments

·
journeyman sled/motorhead
4,440 Posts
they don't see long trail rides.

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
Now only if that track was a little longer.  Thats how I think a REV should look. Compensate with longer heat exchanger like the one on the GADE and let it roost.A short flap would be nice too
 I realize that  race regs require the flap to drag now and be chained

Last edited by permafrost at Sep. 26, 2002, 09:31am

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
i prefer that over the beavertail design,looks good

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dooman, I would think that w/ the jetting being borderline & the revs higher, these motors would produce more heat than a stocker. Also, if Ski-doo was concerned about getting snow on the heat exchangers, you'd think they would put the beavertail on the racers. W/ a snowflap, at speed, you wouldn't think a lot of snow would get directed up into the tunnel.

If they have one @ the Supertrax show, I'll compare it to a consumer Rev.

·
journeyman sled/motorhead
4,440 Posts
revrnd, I agree with you 100 % on the heat. they only run for a short time, not long periods, like if you where running 30 miles of trail.and here is the most important part to the bean counters,they are not covering them for 1  year.

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
I see that the tunnel is a REVX.  I wonder what the differences are other than being stronger.  Is it lighter?

·
Registered
229 Posts
revrnd, the heat exchanger on that 440 is under the plastic trim from the seat to the rear bumper with nothing ahead of it until the front close-out panel. The regular REV has one from the back of seat forward about 2/3rd's of the way up and the one in the front close-out panel. I'm sure they want the regular REV to really stay cool since they have much leaner main jets than previous models.

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
i think it looks alot better with the regular snoflap rather than the other.

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (revrnd @ Sep. 26, 2002, 02:03am)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Who's going to swap the parts on to their sled?[/b][/quote]
You know someone out there is going to 'doo it so their sled will look like the racer.

·
Registered
310 Posts
hey doopilot, what size jets are the 600 HO REV's running?? I know stock 600's (2001-2002 models) run 500 mains in the TM40's. What are the REV's running?

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
On Sunday I was looking at Warnert's two '02 Open class sleds, so what I saw may not be exactly the same as the '03 440. Yes, the heat exchanger is mounted on the extension, nothing under the seat. The extension is actually part of the tunnel. It isn't a separate part rivetted to the tunnel.

·
Registered
229 Posts
revrnd, I would bet they share the same tunnel since they're both one piece and have the heat exchanger in the same location.
sledcrazy, I don't know yet. I have a 800 and I haven't had a 600 apart yet but I would guess it would be leaner also.

·
Registered
386 Posts
My guess is that one less moving part on a race sled is one less part that can break. I notice those things bang each other pretty good going into the first corner. The beavertail production flap would probably not hold up to that as well. :0:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts